Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a lady that thought she could sneak a left hand turn this morning this was the aftermath! I am fine but I am a little rattled and disheartened!

RIP!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sorry to see that happened,glad your ok.
That sucks you can't buy a new ggm.
Are you going to buy another element?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She got a ticket for failure to yield. The cop said that she didn't even argue with the ticket. Earlier when she went through her questioning she said to the cop that she had a turn signal. The crazy thing is that she didn't even stop! The only reason she stopped was her airbag deployed and she hit me!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
on a side note... 3 graphite 5 spoke wheels for sale, fits honda element all years, slight scratches on 4th wheel if you want it. :-D

sorry, trying to make you laugh it off. ;-)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Yeah I am fortunate enough that I walked away from this thing without a scratch. I am definately going to miss this car and the stuff that I did to it though. Good thing I have receipts for everything! I am definately going to try to salvage the Tein coilovers and the intake. But man.....it was messy! I am surprised I walked away from it! Someone upstairs must be looking out for me!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Wow. Glad you are ok after that. Really sorry that happened to you.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Yeah I am fortunate enough that I walked away from this thing without a scratch. I am definately going to miss this car and the stuff that I did to it though. Good thing I have receipts for everything! I am definately going to try to salvage the Tein coilovers and the intake. But man.....it was messy! I am surprised I walked away from it! Someone upstairs must be looking out for me!
Dibs on the TEINS!!!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
^^^Maybe they are going on his new element, duh.

Lol, sorry your e is toast, but atleast your ok.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ohhhh that breaks my heart :-o :cry:

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Each and every time I see someone post something like this, I think, Glad they had an Element!

Another one dies to save it's owners life.

I'm so glad your ok! I'm also glad I have an Element!

Dom

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad you are ok. Did your airbags deploy?
Negative....wasn't a head on collision. No side impact on 04's. But her's did deploy!

Thanks for the well wishes again. I am really thankful. Actually I am really thankful that I lowered the E and put 18's on it. Because I would've rolled the E if I didn't!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok!!

Too bad you're in BC...no fault insurance, and limits on liability...same as here.
There's a testament to how well built the E's are though....you walk away from an accident that total's your car! If you had been injured, she would have been nailed with Dangerous Driving, and not just fail to yield...hell, her lawyer will get that reduced to nothing in court....:x That's the problem with the system in Canada, there's no accountability - the cops will just write it up, and let the insurance deal with it. The only good thing for you is that she got a ticket. Make sure you get a copy of the police report...if she claims injuries down the road, it may come back on you (I've had it happen!)

Still glad you walked away!!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
FYI We haven't gone to no fault insurance in B.C., yet!

Glad you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
FYI We haven't gone to no fault insurance in B.C., yet!

Glad you weren't hurt.
Really?!? Cool (someone told me otherwise...lol)
That's good news then...at least your rates won't go up!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My neck is stiff this morning, my shoulder is a little sore, and I couldn't sleep last night. Was tossing and turning replaying the accident. All I wanted was a cup of coffee yesterday morning and this happens. Oh well. I went to the doctors today and documented everything. My friends and family have all told me to LAWYER up. So I am going to call today!

Thanks for all the well wishes again! I can't say how proud I am to be part of EOC! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts