Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker...first time poster.

I'm about to seal the deal on a used '06 EX-P. Main problem is the driver's seat. Apparently the prior owner was a very large individual. The bottom seat pad is super worn and the cover is ripped at the seam with the bolster.

If I have the dealer "fix" it I know they will do some half assed fix and it will just rip on me later down the road. It needs a new cover and a new bottom seat pad (or at least it needs these parts to meet my anal retentive standards).

I searched online prices for LKQ seat assemblies and came up with nothing. Does anyone know if Honda will sell the bottom pad and seat cover? Any idea how much that will cost to buy the parts and have an interior guy install them (or is that something the Honda dealership could do)?

I appreciate the info. I'm stoked to FINALLY have found a used Element. Hope I can get this sorted out so I can actually buy it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
check with our sponsor HandA.com they have the seat parts available and I believe the cover is around $100 not sure about the pad.

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Awesome. You guys ROCK!

Bad news is the dealer doesn't want to deal on the car whatsoever. They are firm on $12.4k for a '06 EX-P with 76k on the odometer...plus their $700 "dealer fee" (i.e. extra profit). They said they would restitch the cover which won't work b/c the outer vinylish bolster part is actually ripped perpendicular to the seam. Went back and forth a couple times. I gave a solid "as is" offer where they don't have to do anything to fix the issues (on top of the seat the rear seats are disgusting and the rear window squirter is gone). I ended up walking away. Long story short...still looking.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Awesome. You guys ROCK!

Bad news is the dealer doesn't want to deal on the car whatsoever. They are firm on $12.4k for a '06 EX-P with 76k on the odometer...plus their $700 "dealer fee" (i.e. extra profit). They said they would restitch the cover which won't work b/c the outer vinylish bolster part is actually ripped perpendicular to the seam. Went back and forth a couple times. I gave a solid "as is" offer where they don't have to do anything to fix the issues (on top of the seat the rear seats are disgusting and the rear window squirter is gone). I ended up walking away. Long story short...still looking.
You did the right thing. If you wait long enough, you always find the deal you want!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts