Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loading up Ellie Mae tomorrow, leaving a large cushion on the floor for my nephew who will be up all night before we leave playing a bar gig with his group. Just thinking about how easy it is to flip up the seats and load up the stuff makes me happy. Then thinking of being in that car all day for the drive east makes me even happier....nice Michelin tires, everything in tip-top shape, and my new hitch with the nice Thule bike carrier and our bikes. Yay!

I ended up getting the Class III, 2" hitch from Uhaul, and I bought the Thule Doubletrack rack.

Yay....no work....no responsibilities.....but I'll miss my doggies who are staying home with hubby.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Awesome! Sounds like a good time.

I know what you mean about in love again thing, though. I pre-ordered my Fiesta back in March, and I was kind of over the Element when I did it. Now that the Fiesta is nearly here, I've fallen in love with the E again and am really struggling on whether I want to get rid of it or not.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Awesome! Sounds like a good time.

I know what you mean about in love again thing, though. I pre-ordered my Fiesta back in March, and I was kind of over the Element when I did it. Now that the Fiesta is nearly here, I've fallen in love with the E again and am really struggling on whether I want to get rid of it or not.
I would keep the E and postpone that FIESTA purchase. I mentioned how I like the looks of the FIESTA in a conversation the other day. I was told to NOT buy one yet. FORD has their engineers working 24/7 getting all of the bugs out before the US introduction. This has been for quite some time. That makes me nervous about buying the first year model of this car. Typically I don't buy the first run of anything (the recent Iphone sound familiar?) Its too soon in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
No.. Lately Ford uses the money to open more plants in Mexico and Honda/Toyota uses the money to open more plants in the US

·
Registered
139 Posts
Road trips are the best for rekindling E-love. Since I ride my bike to work everyday and the wife's accord is easier on the gas for errand running on the weekends, the E is just a big car payment staring at me as I ride off everyday. :-( But our upcoming camping road trip will bring back that e-lovin feeling!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
No.. Lately Ford uses the money to open more plants in Mexico and Honda/Toyota uses the money to open more plants in the US
Really, the money that Ford's spent to completely renovate the former Michigan Truck Plant, which used to build Expedition/Navigator, and make it Michigan Assembly Plant, which will build the new Focus, is opening a new plant in Mexico? The upcoming Explorer being built in Chicago is Mexico? Aside from Edge/MKX and Flex/MKT (Oakville, Ontario), the Panther cars (St. Thomas Ontario), Fusion et al (Mexico), Transit Connect (Turkey), and Fiesta (Mexico), tell me what other American market Ford products are made somewhere that's not the U.S.. I'll help.

F-150? Dearborn Truck Plant, Dearborn MI
Taurus/MKS-Chicago Assembly Plant
Explorer-Chicago Assembly Plant
Ranger-Twin Cities Assembly, Minnesota
Escape and Friends-Kansas City Assembly, Missouri
Focus-Wayne Assembly Plant, Michigan, moving to Michigan Assembly about 3/4 mile down the road.
Expedition/Navigator-Louisville Assembly, Kentucky
Super Duty-Kentucky Truck Plant
E-Series Vans-Ohio Assembly Plant
Mustang-AutoAlliance International, Flat Rock Michigan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts