Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 215,000 miles on my 07 E 4x4 and am hearing a fairly loud roaring noise that sounds like its coming from underneath at highway speed. I took it to the repair shop & they drove it & said it needed an alignment. That didn't fix the problem though so does anyone have any idea what this noise could be?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had wheel bearings go out in other vehicles & you can usually hear them squeaking. This noise I'm having with the E sounds like its coming from underneath the center.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Check the center driveshaft carrier bearing as it might be going out. You can remove the shaft and take it for a drive to see if the sound goes away.
That will cause a sound like you describe.

Reactions: BrooklynTroutBum

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I've got 215,000 miles on my 07 E 4x4 and am hearing a fairly loud roaring noise that sounds like its coming from underneath at highway speed. I took it to the repair shop & they drove it & said it needed an alignment. That didn't fix the problem though so does anyone have any idea what this noise could be?
I've got around 133,000 miles on my '04, and I occasionally get what sounds like a faint rattling noise from underneath, below the woofer box. It occasionally comes and goes when driving at highway speeds, and is not very loud, though it is noticable.

I was wondering if it might be the driveshaft.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Check out the manifold. That is my issue with my E. I have 357,000 miles today. I am the original owner original engine original transmission. I’ve taken good care of my girl. Tell me, do you hear the roaring noise also at stop light stop signs?

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,179 Posts
You realize wadecool hasn't been on here in eight years? Congratulations on getting yours to 357,000; makes me feel hopeful about getting a lot more out of mine at 197,000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You realize wadecool hasn't been on here in eight years? Congratulations on getting yours to 357,000; makes me feel hopeful about getting a lot more out of mine at 197,000.
Hello Fleetw00d, yes I realize that after the fact. I am new at posting on this site. Thank you for bringing it to light. Well I hope you love your element as much as I love mine. A lot of the issues and discussion about the element are pretty much true, however just like anything if you take good care of it drive like you have some sense, then the vehicle will pay you back. My miles are both city and highway. I travel quite a bit in my vehicle take it from Utah to Colorado and back. Take care I hope you have a happy new year.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
I've got around 133,000 miles on my '04, and I occasionally get what sounds like a faint rattling noise from underneath, below the woofer box. It occasionally comes and goes when driving at highway speeds, and is not very loud, though it is noticable.

I was wondering if it might be the driveshaft.
there
An intermittent rattle there is likely the cat converter heat shield. My '04 had the same problem twice. They tend to eventually rust through their mounting flanges and bounce up and down. Drive it for a few more weeks and it will rattle more until it sounds like a broken exhaust hanger. Cheap easy fix if you don't need to replace it in the snow. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
An intermittent rattle there is likely the cat converter heat shield. My '04 had the same problem twice. They tend to eventually rust through their mounting flanges and bounce up and down. Drive it for a few more weeks and it will rattle more until it sounds like a broken exhaust hanger. Cheap easy fix if you don't need to replace it in the snow. ;)
Oh right! That is it. Thank you! Have a Happy New Year! 🎉

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Happiness is a present state of mind that is entirely up to you.
Those who are alive can choose to be happy Those who aren't have no choice.

I hope that you all have a another year, and more years after that.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Oh right! That is it. Thank you! Have a Happy New Year! 🎉
I want responding to you, but you are welcome.
Don't wait until later, choose to be happy starting right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Happiness is a present state of mind that is entirely up to you.
Those who are alive can choose to be happy Those who aren't have no choice.

I hope that you all have a another year, and more years after that.
Very kind and insightful thought.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts