Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have a problem with the rocker panels falling off. It happened to me twice already, and one is loose right now. :-x

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I've got the panels but have not paint/prepped them to attach. I have read about them falling off/coming loose. I would probably remove the old tape and use 3M automotive molding tape (red backing).

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
This has happened to me :D. In addition to the one that was about to fall off, and the one that was loose, I removed all four pieces. I removed the old adhesive strips with "Goo-Gone" and 3M Wax and Adhesive Remover, cleaned, and re-applied with the 3M Door Molding Tape. Cleaned the door area with alcohol, then re-applied the rocker panels. This was a little more than two years ago. No problems since then.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has happened to me :D. In addition to the one that was about to fall off, and the one that was loose, I removed all four pieces. I removed the old adhesive strips with "Goo-Gone" and 3M Wax and Adhesive Remover, cleaned, and re-applied with the 3M Door Molding Tape. Cleaned the door area with alcohol, then re-applied the rocker panels. This was a little more than two years ago. No problems since then.
Is that the same stuff Mark was talkin about ??

·
Registered
349 Posts
Happened to me. The Honda double sided tape is garbage.

So with googone I removed the old tape.

Put in 3m Outdoor Double sided tape and now they wont go anywhere.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok,well I called Honda to see if it is covered with Hondacare.......thay will let me know monday.
I already bought the 3M, but gettin the old stuff off is a bitch !

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
the black pillar garnish stuff was starting to come off the glass on the driver's side. the tape obviously let go. Took it in, they ordered a whole new piece and replaced it for free under warranty. Even gave me a rental car for 2 hours.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Use a blow dryer to get the old tape off. Then goo gone to get the left over resin/glue.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, Honda boys say they are not gonna reinstall it. I started cleaning, and decided to take them all off. It will be a nice change after 3 years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts