Honda Element Owners Club banner

Rocker switches

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  KTinSD 
#1 ·
While I was wiring up my Right side PDL switch, I decided to add a switch to turn off my Bluetooth HF kit, which is wired to the ignition. Occasionally I like to sit and listen to the radio while parked.
I bought 2 switches from Pepboys. The other switch will be a fog/driving light switch whenever I get around to buying a set. Until then it will just provide symmetry.
I think this a cost effective alternative to replacing the factory column stalk just to get a switch.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The handsfree kit is a Motorola HF850. Kit works OK, but the main difficulty is finding a good place to mount the mike. Most of the usual mounting locations (dash, A pillar) are quite a ways from the driver's mouth. Current mike placement is in the dash cluster.
The further away the mike is from the driver the more road noise is picked up. An Element isn't exactly a Lexus by any means.
I'm going to try moving it near the front of the grab handle on the driver's side. It's a PITA to run anything in that area since you have to make sure it won't interfere with any potential side airbag deployment.
The HF speaker is at the extreme right side of the dash above the tray.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.