Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Element LX AWD AT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

So I've searched, and I've searched, and I can't find a specific application for these speakers. The mounting holes line up with the factory "triangle" holes, but the baskets on the speakers are too deep.

Oddly enough, the total depth is almost identical to stock.

I'm looking for mounting adaptors that bring the speaker out 1/2", but I've tried a couple now and none of them work. Does anyone have a part number or 3D file to print (the latter for which I will pay money)? The speakers are out of the return range, and there's nothing wrong with them other than I'm an idiot.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element LX
2 Posts
Hello everyone,

So I've searched, and I've searched, and I can't find a specific application for these speakers. The mounting holes line up with the factory "triangle" holes, but the baskets on the speakers are too deep.

Oddly enough, the total depth is almost identical to stock.

I'm looking for mounting adaptors that bring the speaker out 1/2", but I've tried a couple now and none of them work. Does anyone have a part number or 3D file to print (the latter for which I will pay money)? The speakers are out of the return range, and there's nothing wrong with them other than I'm an idiot.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?
Awfully quiet still 👀

·
Registered
2008 Element LX AWD AT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awfully quiet still 👀
Sorry, I had to let my dad take the Element while his car was out of commission, so I haven't had a chance to do any fitting (also didn't have notifications on... derp).

I've purchased 2 sets of mounting adaptors that I'm going to have to cut (they don't fit around the basket either)... other than custom made spacers, they look like the best, cheap option that I've found on Amazon.

However, I'm going to go ahead and advise against buying these speakers, at least for the fronts. I haven't even test fitted the back doors, but in my opinion, unless you have a 3D printer (or access to otherwise fabricate spacers), it's not worth the effort. The baskets on the speakers are just too big.

If you'd like, I can give you a couple of comparison pictures, but it might take a couple of days as I'm sick at the moment. 😔

1 - 4 of 4 Posts