Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experieince with the rocky mount bike rack that mounts directly to the factory cross bars? Looks like a good deal for a fork mount rack, however I am not so sure about the quality & durabilty of the mounting "feet" that appear to hold it to the OE roof bars.

Thanks in advance, also if you have a pic of it mounted that would really help.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Rocky mount bike rack experience

Have a Rocky Mounts Tandem Mount R4 which is for Thule / Yak bars not the OEM bars. If the R4 is indicative of all their products then the Noose SL, which will fit the E OEM bars, would be a good choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use some old racks that mount up on some Thule Bars on my E. Rocky Mounts puts out solid products, and they are chill dudes. My sister worked for them for awhile..

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
decent quality racks for the money!! & the color options is a big plus for some folks.

I've had a few sets in the past... the aluminum used is not as think as Thule, so they do have some flex to them. I also remember having to grind the aluminum rail a little so that it would perfectly & securely fit to the forkmount plastic section with my dremel. (took 2 minutes)

Can't help you on the installing to the OEM honda rack though.... sorry & good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts