Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experieince with the rocky mount bike rack that mounts directly to the factory cross bars? Looks like a good deal for a fork mount rack, however I am not so sure about the quality & durabilty of the mounting "feet" that appear to hold it to the OE roof bars.

Thanks in advance, also if you have a pic of it mounted that would really help.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Rocky mount bike rack experience

Have a Rocky Mounts Tandem Mount R4 which is for Thule / Yak bars not the OEM bars. If the R4 is indicative of all their products then the Noose SL, which will fit the E OEM bars, would be a good choice.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
decent quality racks for the money!! & the color options is a big plus for some folks.

I've had a few sets in the past... the aluminum used is not as think as Thule, so they do have some flex to them. I also remember having to grind the aluminum rail a little so that it would perfectly & securely fit to the forkmount plastic section with my dremel. (took 2 minutes)

Can't help you on the installing to the OEM honda rack though.... sorry & good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.