Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information regarding rollover resistance and cornering experiences? Pending this discussion, I hope to be a new owner of a Black 4WD EX soon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In nearly every reveiw I've seen, the Element has gotten excellent marks for it's tight handling and minimal body roll. I don't know if this guaruntees actual rollover resistence, but it can hurt! I remember one review saying "you'd have to enter a corner pretty darn hot to unsettle the Element."

·
Registered
608 Posts
When we were at the dealership, talking to our salesman about the E, he asked one of the other guys to come in and talk to us. We had already put money down on our E, and were just working out the details on the options. Anyway, the other salesman came in and told us he had a chance to take the Element prototype out on Honda's track. He said as much as he tried, he could not tip it or even get it up on 2 wheels. I doubt that very much. I know if I tried hard enough, I could get it to flip, but that is just me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Toom, I'm in the same boat... I won't buy a light SUV like the CR-V because of rollover risk. It seems like the Element is much better in this regard, because of the lower center of gravity.

If anyone else has something to add, please do...

·
Registered
253 Posts
In an article about the E in Automotive magazine, they state that the E has a greater roll resistance than the CR-V. :eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote:175bf881ee="burnt-O"]In an article about the E in Automotive magazine, they state that the E has a greater roll resistance than the CR-V. :eek:[/quote:175bf881ee]

Do you have a URL for the article?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts