Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I was wondering if anyone had a roof bag? I don't have a roof rack and I need something to haul some extra camping gear (mostly clothing and sleeping bags)

Has anyone heard of this roofbag.com ? or an AeroPACK www.aeropackusa.com/aeropack.php ?

I need to come up with a solution soon since our camping trip is in 2 weeks.

I have a 2003 and I'm not sure of the model.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I use a large rooftop bag I bought at Target...I believe it is a Thule, cost about $70. Haven't used it on the E yet (will be doing so this weekend) but it did a great job on my Honda Pilot.

You can pop the covers for where the roof rack would mount and install some eye hooks to strap the bag to...just need to be careful of how much weight goes up there if it's resting on the actual roof panel.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The AreoPack is actually a tailgate bag. Notice that the smaller one, the Areosack is shown on an Element.

A while back someone what talking about this bag on this forum. I don't know if those posts are still around. If I recall correctly that person was so enthusiastic that they might have connections with company. http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3671886

If I didn't have a roof rack, I'd prefer to use one of these tailgate bags over a roof bag. Without a rack, the tailgate bag should have a more secure mount. And affect mileage less.

But in case it isn't obvious, you can't open the E's tailgate with the bag attached.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I have my husband also looking into the AreoPACK. It sounds wonderful. If we end up getting one I will be sure to post a review.

·
Registered
836 Posts
That is a neat little bag they have. Might look into one of those when I finally get out of school and get to regularly camp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts