Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was that there before? It looks as though a screw or something is coming up from underneath that panel. Did you perform any mods to the inside of E lately? I would try to remove that piece to see if something is pushing up against it. If there isn't anything pushing up against it then its time to make a trip to the dealer. I wouldn't slice as it would leave a smooth spot on the panel that would make it even more noticeable. I think that there are some post in the forum that show how to remove the panel to a relocate a XM/ Sirius antennas.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not sure why they are doing this but bought my 2005 in November and I have the same problem. I think mine is on the driver side. It always bothers me while I'm getting gas.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure why they are doing this but bought my 2005 in November and I have the same problem. I think mine is on the driver side. It always bothers me while I'm getting gas.
Yeah, that would be worse. I'm gonna take it to Honda, but I don't particually want a replacement......it will never match. I 'll give them a shot , then look for a used one.

Hey, we could swap...then you could have two matching bubbles!!!:D

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's not a "bubble". That material is too thick to bulge up like that without something underneath it to push it up. I agree with PrimalElement.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure it's not a "bubble". That material is too thick to bulge up like that without something underneath it to push it up. I agree with PrimalElement.
It's definitely a bubble. I can press the skin down to the plastic.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea...but I like the idea of a little slice...then stick a little glue in there. But....Honda got me into this Hondacare warantee, so maybe it's their problem.

·
Registered
873 Posts
let honda fixet,if they screw it up they replace it.if they cant get one to match just tell them to replace them all.never know it just might work.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've had that happen on GMC cars I've owned where the plastic trim makes bubbles sometimes, no idea what causes it, but I'd always pull the panels off, use an X-acto knife and cut a slit in it, then cut a little more out, then glue it back down into place and glue a piece of flat plastic to the back to keep it still.

But the problem is, those panels were body colored, so they could be touched-up when the work was done, so I don't think that's an option for the trim gray stuff, unless you found some paint that adhered to it and was the exact same color.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yep. I got one too on my 2005.

Never noticed it before...now I can't stop looking at it...

Oh well!

:)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
have u tried heating it with a hair dryer and pushing it back down?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
That just put a funny little image of two Es mating and the baby E pops out of the clam shell rear hatch.
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Anyone seen this? I'm either takin it back to Honda, or slice it myself.
I don't post much more these days but when I saw this I thought that I would chime in. I have the same thing going on in the same spot, on both sides. I called Honda in Torrence who told me to contact my local dealer for an inspection. My biggest fear was that I'm out of the 3/36K warranty.
None the less, Penske saw the problem and told me to bring it back on the following week that a Honda Field Rep would be at the dealership. The offered me a free rental as I left it for her and when I came back I was told they would replace my upper cladding for free and they're going to have their Invisible Dent repair guy take out like 4 dents I have where the steel is really thin and I have impressions in the body work. I have to say, they're taking care of me. I take mine back in on next Monday, July 13th and they're going to give me another free rental which they say it should only take 3hrs to take care of the replacement.

Also I thought the pieces in question were solid black molded plastic but I was told that the black is actually laminated on the plastic. I also noticed bubbles change with the weather conditions. If its high humidity they puff out more and when its fairly nice you can barely see them. This problem just popped up on me but it has gotten worse. I can take my fingernail and run it over the bubble and you can see its a separation between the material and base underneath.

Hope you have as good as a response as I did. Also my contact with Torrence, CA Honda North America Customer Service, I just wrote a letter about my problem and faxed it to them. Within a week, I had a phone call to my home from Brian of Honda North America. I'm completely happy with the response and the effort from Honda and my local Penske dealership which told me that even if HNA hadn't taken care of my issue, they would have. I have but only 7400 miles on the Precious and I bought it new January 3yrs ago.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mebbe itz a toomah?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Eeets naught a TOOMAH!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts