Honda Element Owners Club banner

Roof rack/ basket....and now a hitch basket!

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Nancy RQ 
#1 ·
So my 2005 E did not come with any roof system. Traveling to winter in the Sierra Foothills ( from Oly Pen of WA state), it became obvious that a roof rack was desirable ( even with both rear seats fully removed: LOVE my covered "pickup bed".) Read some stuff here and decided to get an OEM rack from BK Honda Parts. Very happy: easy install by myself. Then I ordered a basket from Harbor Freight that had great reviews: another great purchase. Now, since we will leave our second car here in CA and go home only in the E, I have gotten a hitch basket setup. (some cargo room is taken up with a pet carrier). Any advice? So funny: out of the box my first thought was, "WOW. The hitch bar and basket both seem so heavy! ( empty). But then I remembered I can tow our 19' Cuddy boat (don't do it far, but I do take it in and out of the water). Different kind of tongue weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.