Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Trying to figure out how to secure fishing poles to the E roof rack. That is, there is no where to attack bungee cords. Does anyone have the surf board attackment, and can that double as a fishing pole carrier? Anyone have any suggestions on how to carry fishing poles on this baby? Just picked up an orange E.

·
Registered
493 Posts
WHY would you want to carry flimsey fishing poles on the outside? Showing off? Just toss 'em in the vehicle and think nothing more about it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I suggest buying some basic wall mount rod holders at Walmart, screwing them to a 1x2 slightly longer than the holders. Then zip tie or hose clamp the boards to the roof rack. Zipties are cheap and hoseclamps are reuseable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Isnt that what the Sun Roof is for???? Long tall things that dont fit anywhere else. Just wedge em in the seat back bugee's there. Then your supposed to park at the surfs edge and cast away right? isnt that the EXTREME version.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was able to stick 5 fishing poles under the rear seats.. with 4 passengers.. Try that... The end of the fishing pole rested below the driver seat..........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thule manufactures a fishing pole rack for their crossbars. It is called the cast away and is part number 885 and cost 139.00. This rack will hold up to 4 poles and is lockable. It will mount to the Thule cross bars as well as the "E" factory rack. You can check it out at www.sportsrack.com. If you have any questions about the cast away drop me a PM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts