Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 EX . I want to add racks without drilling holes plus a wire basket to attach for luggage ,etc.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
I own an 07 EX and, as long as they did not change the roof, the pre-drilled and tapped holes should already be in place on your roof, under the plastic rail covers. When I added an aftermarket rack (and fairing) to mine, it was a simple plug-and-play installation. Make sure the rack "towers" are a fit for the Element. Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own an 07 EX and, as long as they did not change the roof, the pre-drilled and tapped holes should already be in place on your roof, under the plastic rail covers. When I added an aftermarket rack (and fairing) to mine, it was a simple plug-and-play installation. Make sure the rack "towers" are a fit for the Element. Hope this helps! :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a thule aero rack w locks on mine. It was an easy bolt on. I have a rooftop tent mounted on the racks, when I want to remove it, I just undo the locks and lift everything off my roof.

·
Registered
8 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Given that camper conversions fetch such high prices, I'm thinking our Elements exist in a bit of a bubble. I'm tempted to get a Gobi rack for mine. They're so niche and good looking that it would probably boost resale price. Maybe not paying for itself totally, but sure would make it stand out against other cars for sale.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looks great AWD. Adding the Honda badge was a nice touch!

Great to see that you got something worthwhile out of Harbor Freight! : - )

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks te1966! With the coupon it was a great deal. I think it was all of $80 out the door.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts