Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came, I rode and I went over the bars.:lol: Well, I finally went up to RS to ride the trails. Got there a little after nine and headed straight up. Basically, you take the trail to the top and ride back down. I couldn't ride up the second to the last hill, I need to get in better shape. (Good thing K-Dogg wasn't with me, he would have finished the loop and I would still be going up the hill). Coming down, there are side trails with "obstacles" and such. Need to map it out next time, so I know when to slow down or speed up. I went over the bars cause my tires wouldn't hold the line. Wouldn't be good to go on weekends, if its crowded, probably get in other bikers way. There are some tricky and scary parts, so until you know your way around its hard to go fast. Its not a long trail, I did it twice and was done a little before 11am.
As I was nearing the entrance, another biker came down behind me. I dont know where he came from, cause I didn't see him on the trail. If anyone wants to do this on a weekday morning, let me know ( as long as you understand, I'm not a strong rider). I'll probably go up again.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Weekdays?

Weekday morning? Naddas on that one...maybe weekend but no go on the week days.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Hey I outrank you dude you are just an elf lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey I outrank you dude you are just an elf lol
That's why I'm a mail processor and not a carrier.:razz:
If RS is crowded on the weekends, it will be difficult to learn the trails. If we just go up and down the fire road its not bad. There is a section thats kinda steep and would have to avoid the bikers headed up. The side trails, the one with the obstacles, need to learn to know what you can jump over and what you want to go around. You also need to know where the trees and drop offs are and what is the best "line" to take. I can only go up and down twice, so it may take several visits. A co-worker says he might hike up there, so maybe I'll join him. It will be easier to study the trail that way.
If you want to chance it on a weekend, let me know. Maybe if we go early it wont be so bad.:|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts