Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i must stay that i am on here reading and learning stuff all the time. so i just wanted to say thanks to all that have contributed. it all good stuff.
my E - 2004 EX manual 110k
history: 12 months ago low idle problem. cleaned TB and all was good until it got cold again. this time error code P2227 (ecm, baro, performance) from autozone. i got a real diagnostic from a mechanic and they said it was the TPS. the car drives fine until i apply the breaks. RPMs get stuck at either 2k or 3k until i come to a complete stop. then they drop to 1.1k. it happens every time i brake. i went ahead and replaced the idle air control and the TPS sensor. I calibrated it. closed (.46-.47v) but at full open it was only (3.5v). that was before i put everything back together. while i was testing the full open a clicking noise started near the battery or fuse box. i put all back together and did a idle learn. took it for a spin and it was tons better but still a slight sticking just under 2k RPMs. pulled it into the garage and for grins, in neutral opened it up full throttle. that was not good. just as it got to 4k it shook a bit and danced around 3.8k and 4.3k. that is when i decided i need your advice. i have new plugs and I know that i have to do valve adj. (didn't really think valve adj was the problem tho). also probably need ecm reset. firmware update? i never go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
check your brake booster vacuum line or normal vacuum lines. maybe a leaky brake booster? (air leaky not brake fluid)

thats about the only thing I can think of that would effect rpm on brake use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. i suppose that saying breaking causes the RPMs to stick is misleading. the symptom could also happen when i take my foot off the gas. the important part about braking is that the RPMs don't fall until i come to a complete stop. thanks for the suggestions and i will try testing for a vacuum leak and report back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts