Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I might be a little worried driving an Element in Russia. It has a sort of military appearance that might attract the wrong kind of attention.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I didn't know they drove right hand drive cars in Russia. I thought it was only countries with some sort of British affilation (current or past). I guess I'm wrong.

From the photo it kinda looks like they drive on the wrong side of the road for right hand drive. I guess it's just the camera angle.

Joe Mama

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
joemama said:
I didn't know they drove right hand drive cars in Russia. I thought it was only countries with some sort of British affilation (current or past). I guess I'm wrong.

From the photo it kinda looks like they drive on the wrong side of the road for right hand drive. I guess it's just the camera angle.

Joe Mama
Yeah that pic is a little odd.

Russia is not a right hand drive country but there are a number of countries that have no relationship with Britain that drive on the left side of the road among them Indonesia, Japan and Thailand.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
joemama said:

Joe Mama
I think your right. They are on the wrong side of the road. It's Russia??????

·
Registered
496 Posts
Asian counties I can kind of understand. Didn't the British give up Hong Kong rule/infulence not too long ago? Everything came and went out of Hong Kong no matter what country it headed to or from. Hong Kong was the hub for that part of the world.

·
EOC Sponsor
691 Posts
cidrivera58 said:
Doesn't it also seem as if they're driving on the sidewalk?
Thats how they control the population.

·
Registered
287 Posts
5th said:
Here is the web site where I got the pic. It looks like russian language to me. so, I assumed it was Russia. It may not be Russia ,but a russian speaking country...

http://asjornal.ru/artic04/39test1.shtml

Aloha, :lol:
5th
THE ".RU" MEANS ITS FROM RUSSIA....AT LEAST THE WEB PAGE IS. :-D

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Is that a Russian Monkey too ! :lol: On the dash Board ?

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Like PVR said, Russia is a left-hand driver country, and they drive on the right side of the road like us.

In all likelihood that is a Japanese-market E. It would even make some sense if that picture was from, say, Kamchatka.

[mind-numbing trivia]

The one thing that I remember that's "weird" about Russian transport is their 5-foot gauge railroads, while Europe (and the Americas) use 4' 8-1/2" gauge. It was deliberate, if I recall, to stop everything at the border to force a mode change.

[/mind-numbing trivia]

·
Registered
98 Posts
MikeQBF said:
[mind-numbing trivia]

The one thing that I remember that's "weird" about Russian transport is their 5-foot gauge railroads, while Europe (and the Americas) use 4' 8-1/2" gauge. It was deliberate, if I recall, to stop everything at the border to force a mode change.

[/mind-numbing trivia]
I also heared that it was deliberate. Russia was ensuring that in case of war, neighbouring countries can not just roll their troops across the border. I think that was part of defence strategy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Also keep in mind that Russia was bordering germany for a long while - from about Katherine the Great till 1917. Poland did not exist as a country, being divided between Russia and Germany. During that time, and up to 1945, Russia fought several wars with Germany, so having incompatible railroad standards really made sence.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Either way that person should act like a good westerner and waste some natural resources (H2O) and wash that Element. It's filthy.

Joe Mama

·
Registered
241 Posts
NOW it looks russian.... Ok, I was bored....

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
dj se7en said:
NOW it looks russian.... Ok, I was bored....
LMAO! Thanks, DJ! :)

Regarding the H2O comment above, perhaps they're worried that the nuclear contamination in the water will damage the paint?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts