Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to purchase an 09 EX but has some concern around pics of rust.. hoping everyone on here can help with if I should buy or stay away
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Gas
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust Bumper
Automotive tire Tread Vehicle brake Wheel Tire
Automotive tire Gas Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood Tire
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Rim
Automotive lighting Tints and shades Human leg Auto part Automotive tire
O
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2007 LX MT/FWD
55 Posts
Hello,
There doesn't seem to be any rusted out cancer rot on the body but for the one pic. of forward of the rear A arm bushing... at the pinch weld.
But, your mechcanic will cuss you. Trying to undue/remove all of the rusted bolts and nuts.. But, they should be used to rusted stuff being from that region....
Yet, buying or not buying, that is your call.
Oh, and you should merge your two post on the same subject... it makes it easier on everyone involved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
There doesn't seem to be any rusted out cancer rot on the body but for the one pic. of forward of the rear A arm bushing... at the pinch weld.
But, your mechcanic will cuss you. Trying to undue/remove all of the rusted bolts and nuts.. But, they should be used to rusted stuff being from that region....
Yet, buying or not buying, that is your call.
Oh, and you should merge your two post on the same subject... it makes it easier on everyone involved.
Definitely appreciate the response and I will try to figure out how to merge the post. I wasn’t sure where I actually needed to post it.
When you say rot by the A arm… would that concern you from this pick? I am actually almost 10 hrs away from this E and will be buying sight unseen except pics and discussions with owner

·
Registered
577 Posts
It’s picture #5 that angus is referring to. Lifting / supporting the vehicle for service from that point could become an issue in the future. You’d have to watch carefully, or choose an alternative lift point.

·
Registered
2007 LX MT/FWD
55 Posts
Hello,
Yes, what ajchien said about the area in question.
Since, you live 10 hours away from seller and car. I would have the owner send you more pictures of the under side and the other side also of the area in question. Suspension mounting points are important. Picture #1 is a little flaky/scary also... for rust up that high on the body/frame(why didn't Honda put a splash shield there, IDK). Have him send you pics of the front suspension mounting points. Remember, Unibodies rust from the inside out...and I hate, rust repairs on sheet metal.
Hows the rest of that EX AWD look anyway?. Any other issues?. You're already negative on rust issues....in what I look for in a used car but, I don't live in the auto rust belts of salted roads.
Good luck and happy hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts