Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at an 08 EX with a great asking price. Have a trusted mechanic looking at it tomorrow but thought I'd get the opinion of you fine folks.

How's the rust situation on this looking?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,632 Posts
On my 07 I had to replace the exhaust flange about 3 yrs ago. Only 82000 and the body on mine is not rusty.
This one looks pretty clean rust wise.

Reactions: zosimus

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
217 Posts
I've looked at a lot of them lately; that one looks pretty good compared to a lot of what I've seen - even the spot welds don't seem to be rusting yet (usually where they tend to start). Check the rear bumper beam, I've seen some of those rusted through even when the rest of the underside doesn't look too bad. Also take a good look where the forward end of the rear lower control arms mount to the body.

PS: What color is it and where is it (if you don't buy it)?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I'm impressed how clean those wheels look. Mine looked worse than that a few months after I rescued it from the showroom.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,632 Posts
I'm impressed how clean those wheels look. Mine looked worse than that a few months after I rescued it from the showroom.
Agree on the rims. Mine looked like that after 2 years.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,632 Posts
What size are those advantage T/A's?

Have any service history of the valves being adjusted? If not you should have them checked.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,000 Posts
Thanks for the input everybody! Ended up getting a clean bill of health from our family mechanic. Just had a rear tail light burnt out that the seller promptly fixed. Took this beauty home for $4k today! :)
View attachment 203797
Ooh Yeah! EX-P In Kiwi! What's not to like? :)

Nice find! You did very well!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like a good buy. My ‘08 has 180k miles and has lived all its life in Wisconsin (I’m the 2nd owner). The underside is amazingly rust free, aside from some topical rust. I do get it washed quite regularly, which probably helps, especially in winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts