Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a northeastern 09 EX. Here are pics from underneath…. Does anything look as tho I shouldn’t purchase this due to rust location concern. Thanks I’m advance !
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Tread Vehicle brake Wheel Tire
Automotive tire Gas Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Gas
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust Bumper
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Wood Tire
Automotive tire Bumper Rim Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Composite material Automotive exterior Gas Wood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Rim
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is only one place that I would recommend you check for rust. Drop the tailgate and lift the hinged plastic cover over top of the hinges. Check your hinge brackets. That is structural. Because it is out of sight, it can get really bad without your knowing about it. I had a body shop cut and weld a new piece for me. Other than that, I would worry about what I see in your pictures.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,686 Posts
Looks like pretty normal stuff except for the rear control arm bushing mount shot. It doesn't look too bad from the angle of the photo; but definitely check it out more closely, and then closely check the other side as well. These are well known rust problem areas on an Element.

If it is severely rusted in that area, the mount could break loose while driving. If one of those bushings comes loose, you are in for a wild and dangerous ride. This happened recently to another member here. Check this out:

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts