Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can imagine my new, 237k mile, Element’s drivers seat was thrashed. I did some searching and came up empty looking for a good replacement, but I did find someone selling a clean passenger seat for $50. The bottom cushions are nearly identical so I figured I’d take a stab at swapping the good passenger side one to my driver’s seat, and here’s the result. Unless you know, you would never pick up the fact that it’s not the correct cushion.

I didn’t really document the steps to do it but I think it took me all of 30 minutes to complete the swap using the rear tailgate as a work bench. It’s super easy, I pretty much just winged it.

anyone need 1/2 of a passenger seat? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is ana amazing idea.

Like you, I'm having issues with front seats I manage to find some for the back that I have detailed and they look new now the front ones looks horrible. Also, I'm a position with my E that the seatbelt comes from the car seat so find one is even harder.

I'm going to give it ago and great work btw congrats.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,206 Posts
Great idea whosagrubb! :)

So, just to be clear, you were able to just unbolt the donor seat's passenger side cushion and bolt it onto your driver side seat frame?

I never once have found a nice drivers side cushion in a you pull it yard, but I probably walked past some nice passenger side cushions; thinking they wouldn't fit!

Please let me know. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's more or less it. The seat cover clips in place, you just have to flip the seat upside down and undo the clips to remove the seat cover and cushion. When you transfer the cover and cushion to your driver's seat frame you may have to cut a little of the foam cushion away to clear the height adjustment knob, but the cover easily tucks into place so you would never notice it. I guess you could also use your original seat foam with the passenger cover, but I didn't try that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts