Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Wish I could....but I am working this weekend :cry:

Maybe another weekend!

We are heading down to the Ozarks next weekend.....second road trip with our E!

Peace Out
Diane

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like it is going to be great weather for the lake. I hope in the next few weeks others will find this post and we can get a large group together. Hope you have fun at the lake.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Ditto....would love to see a big group get together!

I saw your post earlier about all the options that you got for such a great price....do you mind if I ask what dealer you went through?

I shopped around for weeks at all the Honda dealers here in St. Louis, and while I got under sticker price by $700 I didn't get any options/extras thrown in.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That is where I bought my E too! Who was your salesman? Man I feel totally ripped off now....we worked with them for about two weeks....and all they did was take $700 off of sticker....UGH!!! Oh well.....at least I got my E!

Diane :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My salesman was Steve Hoenig. He is the internet sales manager. Any of the other sales people would not have been able to give me the price he did. Tell me about your E. Model color and options.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
4WD EX Eternal Blue Pearl.....no options added yet. I did get my bungees and cargo organizer from H and A.

I am going to get a non-honda remote keyless entry and alarm installed in two weeks.

The only other two options that are a must are the roof rack and side steps. I will probably get those installed later this summer...they are more for looks than anything else at this point.

I added floor mats (non honda) just to avoid major scratches while hauling cargo and an MP3 player.....so far nothing major, just some creature comforts.

When did you purchase your E? I am beginning to wonder if it was the GG that I looked at on the "Sold" lot that was waiting some installs. I was torn between the GG and Eternal Blue Pearl....in the end I went with the Blue, but it was a tough decision.

Peace Out
Diane :)

PS I can't be that POed about the deal that I got....it was $700 under sticker and lower than any other dealer's offer in St. Louis....plus Steve Vincel really put me at ease...I had never bought a new car before and they were so low pressure it was refreshing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just picked it up last Friday. It sat down there on the SOLD lot for about a week since they had to order all the accessories. You should order the roof rack and running boards online. I reviewed the install instructions on those and they are simple. If you get them from the dealership and have them install them it would be $465 for the side steps and $270 for the roof rack. Don't be upset about your price. Hueys honda in Frontenac wanted MSRP for their E's. I bet you were the one that bought the E out of the showroom floor

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I really can't be upset :) I mean I went to all the Honda dealerships in St. Louis and they gave me the best price hands down. One dealership (that shall remain nameless) wanted $2000 over sticker at Steve Vincel and another dealership I actually was teaching the salesman features and benefits of the E....then he tried to tell me things and they were so far off I was like I don;t think so!

And I didn't buy the one off the showroom floor....I actually bought one right off the truck! I did spend many hours in the one in the showroom tried out every button and seat configuration....so we bonded in a way :)

I plan on ordering all the parts from H and A and installing them myself. The directions look super simple. I did talk to my salesman at Steve Vincel and they said that they would sell me the parts at H and A price, but I would still have to pay the labor. I figure a few weekends and my E will be up to speed!

Have you done anything exciting with your E yet? Planning any major road trips to experience the E in it's "element"? The first road trip we made was to Chicago (to visit my family for Easter) and I make this trip at least once a month....man what a difference the E made....the boring 5 hour road trip was suddenly fun :eek:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't planed a road trip yet. I do plan on going camping in a few weeks so I can try out the tailgate cabana and table leg kit. I do plan on going to Chicago this summer for the Cubs Cardinals game.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Over 4th of July weekend, that Cubs/Cards series??? I will be there! My whole family is getting together for the 4th.....so of course we had to take in the Cubs/Cardinals. It will take me back to when I lived in Lincoln Park and got to walk to the games....but with owning an E who would ever want to walk????

I am also planning a camping trip either at the end of May or begining of June....ya know before it gets too hot here.....ugh! another St. Louis Summer! Thank goodness for the lake :) You will have to let me know your review on the tailgate cabana....I considered purchasing this.....but was torn. I did buy (after the recomendation of another board member) a full size camping air bed and a 12V pump.....it is said that this fits perfectly in the back.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thought it was you!!! And know we weren't stalking you....we went to sports authority and then had to run into Wallmart to get some stuff for the E and the garden.....as I was pulling into the parking lot my husband was like "LOOOK.....it's the other E!!!!! Go park next to it!" How funny...two E owners with the same shopping agenda!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My wife can't get used to people looking at our E. When we came out of Walmart there were two guys looking in both of our E's. Have you had finger prints on your windows yet from people looking in? Talk about a small world running into you twice in the same day.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You know what they say....

Birds of a feather flock together!!!

And....why yes I have found finger prints and the like (nose prints) on my windows from people looking in. My hubby and I checked out your GG a bit too I must confess....like I said it was a really tough decision between the two colors. Sweet Ride!

I have seen a couple more E's on the road lately in St. Louie....and SOP on 40 the other day on my way home from work and a Silver one on Olive the other night.....I hope everyone finds this website soon so we can plan a get together!

PS Grant (hubby) and I thought your dog was sure cute!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Where do you guys go camping? We moved here at the end of June last year and didn't make it on a camping trip......so we are looking for a good place to go camping.....any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Thanks a Bunch!

PS Tell your wife that she will get used to all the stares....it takes a while, but sooner or later it doesn't phase you anymore!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we go to either Steelville or Sullivan. There is also a nice spot in Bourbon which you can either camp at or they do have really nice cabins if that is more your style. If you are interested in those areas I can find some websites for you.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Cabins are for sissys!!!

We found a bit of info on a site in Sullivan on the internet.....not very many details on the things available.....we would like to go to a real campground with possibly....

1. Canoes
2. Hiking Trails
3. Bike Trails

Any info you could provide on a place that you guys have been to AND would go again would be much appreciated!

Our last camping trip in IL (about 2 hours outside of Chicago) turned into a nightmare...the web write-up on it was 100% off....it said they had canoes...they didn't....you could rent them 20 miles away...not a lot of good! Also it was mostly RVs....very few camp sites had actuall campers.....they was a Church Teen Group at the camp site next to ours....and it was the hottest day of the summer...UGH!

We would prefer not to repeat this situation.

ANY help you can offer will be welcomed!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts