Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be nice to create a image gallery dedicated to the travels in my new Ecamper aka SaltEcamper. This will include a mix of dslr/film pics, iPhoto's and GoPro clips. More to come soon..

Enjoy!

Maiden voyage at Jalama Beach:
EJalama1.jpg

EJalama2.jpg

Beachfront property for the first night with my wife and son:
EJalama3.jpg

EJalama4.jpg

Sunrise swim about a mile down the beach. This is the view looking back towards camp:
EJalama7.jpg

·
Registered
338 Posts
very cool! keep the photos coming! I love threads like this- a little more lifestyle-esk thread as oppose to strictly car things...

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, I'm glad others like the thread. The entire trip was a great time even though the wind was present & problematic at times (which was expected). It had everything from fun surf, to epic star gazing complete with shooting stars, arrowhead hunting nature hikes, a couple Jalama Burgers and even passed another Ecamper while heading back home on Jalama Road.

For those of you that aren't familiar with the area, Jalama Beach County Park is approximately an hour drive from Santa Barbara and a 45-minute drive from Lompoc. A sign 4.5 miles south of Lompoc off Highway 1 will direct you onto Jalama Road. Follow this scenic 14.5 mile road to the coast. The park entrance is at the end of the road. There are a lot of car commercials filmed at this location and for good reason, it's beautiful!

Mercedes commercial filmed on Jalama road (I like to pretend it's my Ecamper instead of a Benz 8)):
EJalamaSign.jpg

Camping here has always been on a first come, first served basis. Being so far removed from everything with no cellular service used to add to the excitement of getting a camp site. Not anymore... thanks to online reservations.

Case and point...

View Before:
jalamabefore.jpg

View After:
Jalamaafter.jpg

This was a tent site where not only one massive RV moved in, but two! No hookups for their rigs and also no consideration for their neighbors I guess. All I could do was laugh and pull forwards a little :-o :lol:

EJalamfront.jpg

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice pics!

Looks like you have a Yakima Skybox on there? Any issue with the height of the vehicle?

I also like what you've done with the 07/08 wheels, nice and stealthy... I think they were an eyesore straight from factory!

·
Registered
541 Posts
in for more pics!
thanks for sharing...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Gorgeous e-camper and great camping shots. I'm excited to see more!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
West Camino Cielo Exploring

Last night MTBecamper77 and I decided to take our Ecampers out to explore a little of our backyard in the hills above Santa Barbara/Goleta. It was roughly 13 miles to our camp destination from his property and enjoyed every bit of it. Good times!

**If you haven't checked out the private E-vent happening at his property August 8-10th be sure to look at the thread link below. These pictures show just some of the many awesome things the area has to offer.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98665

At the beginning of our drive, nearing the top of Refugio Rd. we came across none other than 3 Mules! Check out more about his awesome travels at www.3mules.com

DiPierri_3Mules.jpg

Continuing on toward camp:

DiPierri_CaminoCielo1.jpg
DiPierri_CaminoCielo2.jpg
DiPierri_CaminoCielo4.jpg
DiPierri_CaminoCielo3.jpg
DiPierri_CaminoCielo5.jpg

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Good times

Glad to show you around the back roads here. This really is a truly amazing area of our great Nation. See you on our next adventure to Big Sur and then on to the Redwood group camp and wherever we journey from there. Thanks for the shout out of my own Element Gathering, going to be a busy fun couple of weeks with the Elements.

Our adventures seem incredibly tame compared to the life "Mule" (the name he prefers to go by) is living. His story really is inspiring. Court date battles, monthly expenses, and his many journeys. For the entire Month of June he lived on less than $340 with the most money spent on web hosting and Cellular Data. He should get some sponsors like Version to pay for it. He'd make a great can you hear me now AD. Check out http://3mules.com/ or find him on Facebook. He currently only has a team of 2 mules and is looking for a third to join him. From his website "Looking for a 16-hand draft mule to join us." contact him there if you got an extra mule or need a loving home for one.

Here are a few of the pictures I took of our trip the other day. The first one shows Santa Cruz Island in the background (one of the Channel Islands), SaltyEyes Sticker of it on his Ecamper, and his reflection. The rest are just of the drive there and back. One of the most scenic back roads I have traveled in California and right in my own back yard.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Big Sur Camping

I just returned home from the EOC Humboldt Redwoods gathering and had a great time meeting everyone. On my way north I stopped south of Big Sur to camp for the night 6 miles up Los Burros Rd. above Willow Creek. It was a dusty drive but well worth it considering it was free with a adventure pass. More pics from the trip to follow soon..

Driving the Cayucos coastline:
DiPierri_BigSur1.jpg
DiPierri_BigSur2.jpg

Arriving at camp just after sunset above the fog:
DiPierri_BigSur4.jpg

Taking it all in:
DiPierri_BigSur5.jpg

EOC Shout-out:
DiPierri_BigSur7.jpg

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Very cool pics! I've never been up to w camino cielo because i thought it was more 4x4 than for Elements...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts