Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New here! I found a salvaged 2007 E SC with only 5k original miles for $9k! The guy showed me all the receipts of what he spent and bought to fix it. Looks like it was driven into a curb and had the suspension replaced as well as the front right fender and bumper. The hood and all the other body parts have the original VIN sticker on them and were not affected. I figure for that price, I can drive it a while and sell/part it and make more!?

Any opinions?

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,527 Posts
It's great that the owner seems to be upfront with the work and receipts, but, I would definitely have it checked out by a frame and/or alignment shop just to be on the safe side. It might be a great car for many years to come, or, in 6 months, you might have to fight to keep it on the road!! :x :060:

Good Luck!! :razz::razz:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I definately have my doubts but the mileage and price are playing a huge role on my decision. Seems there are a lot of salvaged cars out there these days even though the damage isn't/wasn't that bad. I might have a buddy of mine that had body/frame experience look at it as well. Anything else I should look at? Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I work for a company that sells Jaguar parts and we have often bought wrecked Jaguars and had them repaired and inspected to get a rebuilt title. A lot of people understandably are hesitant to buy/drive a rebuilt salvage vehicle, but if you know what the damage was and know that it was repaired by a reputable shop, you should be comfortable with it if it gets you a good deal. Realize that down the road when you are wanting to sell the vehicle, it will be hard to get a buyer at a good price because of the "R" title. We currently have an 03 an 04 and an 05 that the owners of the company had fixed and have been driving since 03, 04 & 05 (the cars were wrecked very early in their lives with very low mileage) and have had no problems with.

If I were in the market, I would buy a rebuilt salvage car if I knew the damage and the history regarding what was replaced and who did the work.

I am sure you will enjoy the E.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not trying to steal the thread but, I have an opportunity to buy an 04 E with 84k miles on it for $5500, I am hesitant to buy it, the owners that have it now have driven it with no problems for two years. They are not the original owners. I really want to but one don't want to deal with problems down the road. I am going to have a shop look it over and everything if I am sure about buying it. Any other advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts