Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Element people. We are traveling from San Diego where we are having the Ursa Minor Camper top installed on our 4wd EX,

Then we Travel and camp for several months working our way up to Alaska. I will install a bumper guard, LED lights, 12 volt solar panel with inverter, General Grabber tires so far. Does anyone have any experience, advice for items we might think about or install or other? Like places to stop and camp?

Anyone have recommendations for an awning?

I also want the ARB fridge

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts
Yep, a few recommendations to carry with you and a couple of places to visit on your way:

Portable battery starter/charger
Extra gas cans (just in case)
Milepost (invaluable throughout your Canada-Alaska journey)

Muncho Lake (Canada) is gorgeous
Haines, AK (out of the way a bit, well worth the trip)
Sign post forest (its location is in the Milepost)
Knotty Pine shop near Fairbanks
Denali National Park
Seward, AK

TAKE YOUR TIME!! You won't regret the journey!!

Would LOVE to do a meet and greet when you get in the Mat-Su area (Wasilla and Palmer (no, Sarah Palin will NOT be joining us!!:shock:)).
Give me a heads up when you are traveling....:razz: :):)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Anyone have recommendations for an awning?

I also want the ARB fridge

Thanks!
I recommend having Ursa Minor install their manufactured awning brackets while your E is in the shop. Otherwise you would have to mount the awning on your roof racket which only means you have to have the pop top in the down position to use the awning. The awning mounts weren't an option when I converted my E in April 2016. Estimates from aftermarket sources ranged upwards of $800 to make the mounts and mounting them into the side of the body. I also recommend adding mounts for roof racks if you plan to carry a cargo box for more storage. Or a hitch mounted swing away storage box if you're short like me. If you haven't added the roof rack mounts, I highly recommend you have UM do them too. UM can also take care of all your requirements for solar panels & house batteries and such however at a premium price. Am I pushing too much for UM? I don't mean to, however there is something to be said about one stop shopping and getting quality work.

I've had both ARB (37L) and Dometic (50L). Both are good at doing what's needed. It basically comes down to the amount of time in between trips to the market and how many you are feeding.

I recommend getting a telescoping 6' ladder (Amazon) to assist with getting up/down the roof top camper. After a period of time, it gets old having to move the cushion & board (covering the skylight) and having to go down/up to sleep or pee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts