Honda Element Owners Club banner

Lakeside camping

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
I've got Barrett-Jackson that weekend, or I would have at least tried to make it up for the wine tour. Maybe next year if it's not on the Barrett-Jackson weekend!
:roll:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
We have a new tent and went to the lake Wed and Thur to set it up.
Weather was nice and the campground was near empty.

Got some nice pics too but having problems downloading them. :?

Met up with a family of racoons (Mama & 5 babies!) got pics of them as well which I hope to post.

However, I did get into a frantic SKUNK encounter on Wed night! :shock:
Having just finished a late nigh dinner I was in the process of dumping a bag of garbage into a trash dumpster some 20 yards from our campsite.
With my head lamp on I had the bag in one hand and opened the top of the dumpster with the other and in one motion proceeded to dump my 30 lb. bag of garbage directly on top of a huge skunk that was eating dinner in there. HOLY SCHIT!

I slammed the top back down on the dumpster and ran back to the campsite completely freaked out!
Boy did I start a ruckus!
The skunk was really pissed off, banging and clanging around inside the dumpster and making all sorts of terrible sounds.
Heck - I though it was gonna jump outta the dumpster and chase me down! (C.S.P. Syndrome - Cronic Skunk Paranoia)

Anyway, I didn't get sprayed and the skunk musta gotten out of the dumpster because it wasn't there in the morning.
(I had a maintainence guy go check it out and Mr.Skunk was nowhere to be found)

Later the following morning we met Mama Racoon and her brood of 5 babies across the field from our campsite.
ADORABLE!
I got some very nice pics of them but still can't figure out why I can't download them.
I'll keep trying.

PS: Our new 14x10 ft. Coleman Instant Tent tent is frikkin awesome! Took 2 min. to set the thing up!

Looking forward to this upcoming June 22nd meet!

·
Registered
308 Posts
New Tent here too.

Decided to go 9by7 a Costco find..says only 15 mins to set up. That is much more doable. My first tent(The Condo):razz: didn't hold up to Yellowstone weather though it had a great view at Humbolt. The second was great but just too much for this single lady to handle... a good hour or more set up even with practice at home.
This tent is somewhere in between. A place to hang out and store stuff but no but deal xxx keep your fingers crossed.
We're welcome to set up in my yard anytime..an inexpensive weekend trip from L.A:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Hey, Nice tent Marilyn

Here's a video of the Coleman Instant Tent that we just got.
We took it camping a few days ago and it was great.
I took some nice pics of it but can't download them for some unknown reason. :?
This thing is huge and it took us only 3 min to set up! :-o

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
cachuma lake may 30-june 1 035.jpg
Best tent we've had yet! (there have been many) :roll:
This thing's big enough to park a car in.

cachuma lake may 30-june 1 036.jpg
Seriously.. I think it would fit.

cachuma lake may 30-june 1 040.jpg
Charging a Moon Globe Multiple Color Solar Light - this looks so awesome at night!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
DANG! :x

I broke a bone in my left foot today.

Rolled my ankle and broke my 5th Metatarsal (long bone that connects to the baby toe)
Went to the ER got a splint and some pain meds - tomorrow I go see the Orthopaedic and see how it goes.

Anyway - this might put the kabosh on us making the meet.
We'll know more tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
DANG! :x

I broke a bone in my left foot today.

Rolled my ankle and broke my 5th Metatarsal (long bone that connects to the baby toe)
Went to the ER got a splint and some pain meds - tomorrow I go see the Orthopaedic and see how it goes.

Anyway - this might put the kabosh on us making the meet.
We'll know more tomorrow.
At least you didn't roll the E...

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
At least you didn't roll the E...

LOL - I think I would of preferred rolling the E. :roll:
This broken bone ****e is painful! :x

4 - 6 weeks to mend. They put me in a walking cast and I look like Quasimoto on steroids when moving around.

Camping is out of the question for awhile, although we do hope to do a day thing with youze guys on Saturday at the lake.
We'll see how it goes..

41 - 60 of 92 Posts