Honda Element Owners Club banner

Lakeside camping

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Hey Tonya,

Richelle and I missed John's "American Zombie Tribute Band" perform at the Brixton in Redondo Beach last month.
We certainly don't want to miss getting together with all youze guys at Cachuma too.

"John on Bass" 8)
I really wished I had seen him live!

Anywho, back to my left foot..
It's doubtful we can doing any camping for awhile. We have alot of hefty camping gear to be packing and unpacking, loading and unloading.
Our intention is to come up for the entire day on Saturday and hang out with ya'll.
We'll be taking the Jeep because it has a nice "dead pedal" that allows me to fully extend my leg while wearing a walking boot.

So baring anymore physical mayhem we'll be there on Saturday.

Note:
When we were at Cachuma a few weeks ago, we bagged a campsite at our group favorite, Barrona Shores.
However; there's now a gianormus Ice Making machine that drones and groans at 15 min intervals, 24 hrs a day.
It's the size of a semi-truck and only in use during the summer months.
The sound is annoying. At first we thought it was someone running a RV generator. But it wasn't.
Our campsite was about 100 yds away from the thing.
We eventually got used to the noise but it was constant.
Be advised when you spot for a campsite.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
We like the Barona shores area as well. Who ever gets there 1st pick a spot but watch for the Ice Machine. That would be bad to hear that, thanks for the warning who would think it would run all night.

Thanks for the pics with the Racoons, I wonder if they are relatives to the ones that came in John and Tanya's tent a while back!

Lastly sorry Gene to hear about the foot injury but so glad you both are up to a day of adventure next Saturday with all of us.

We are going to be there on Friday late in the day. For this trip we are tenting it - we are selling the Airtop to someone in LA while we are there on Thursday since we are getting a bigger one in 2 weeks (new shipment coming in) it looks the same, just 6 inches wider.

See ya - looking forward to the trip - it always is so much fun to get out and camp!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Per Gene "Richelle and I missed John's "American Zombie Tribute Band" perform at the Brixton in Redondo Beach last month.
We certainly don't want to miss getting together with all youze guys at Cachuma too."

Cool pic of John and gig, I may not know much of the music you played there but we would loved to have been there cuz we would have loved to hear and see you.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
We like the Barona shores area as well. Who ever gets there 1st pick a spot but watch for the Ice Machine. That would be bad to hear that, thanks for the warning who would think it would run all night.

Thanks for the pics with the Racoons, I wonder if they are relatives to the ones that came in John and Tanya's tent a while back!

Lastly sorry Gene to hear about the foot injury but so glad you both are up to a day of adventure next Saturday with all of us.

We are going to be there on Friday late in the day. For this trip we are tenting it - we are selling the Airtop to someone in LA while we are there on Thursday since we are getting a bigger one in 2 weeks (new shipment coming in) it looks the same, just 6 inches wider.

See ya - looking forward to the trip - it always is so much fun to get out and camp!
Hey Mel & Steve!

The Racoon Family and the "Skunk in the Dumpster" all live at Barona Shores.
You'll get a chance to see them in action (save the skunk I hope :roll:) next week end.
The baby r'coons appear to be less than a year old so I doubt that they were the same perps who snuck into John and Tonya's tent,
right under the noses of "ever attentive" guard dogs "Jet and Charlie the Nose Licker" :roll: :eek:die::eek:die:

My foot seems to be mending OK.
Pain only if I put direct weight on it when not wearing the walking boot or when my pain meds begin to wear out. :twisted:

Our plan is to meet you guys at Cold Spring Tavern for breakfast Saturday morning then hang out at the lake for the rest of the day.
Other than some chairs and a cooler.. I might bring E-Z UP if someone would volunteer to set it up for me.
If not I'll leave it at home and wear a wide brim hat.

Got a PM from Slosport (Marilyn) this morning.
She's seriously thinking about joining us all and setting up her new tent prior to the Humboldt meet in August.
We hope she'll be there, we do miss her and Teddy!
In fact we miss everybody!
So please show up!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I'm probably arriving VERY LATE on Friday due to a prior engagement. I may end up skipping breakfast or going later than 9:30. I honestly won't know until wake up and exit zombie-mode. So don't wait for me, or worse, don't wake me up!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Early Friday arrival

I plan on being there before noon Friday. I know we want to be in the Barona area, which Barona, Barona Butte or Barona Shores? Just in case I'm the first one there. Is anyone getting there earlier?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I am declaring gag-gift exchange for Saturday night. No theme.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Looks like we'll be the first there on Thursday. We'll try to get good spots in the Barona area under the trees...we're bringing kayaks so we want as close to the water as possible, they let you launch from anywhere there.

We'll go back up to the entrance station and officially snag whatever spots are next to us early Friday morning for you guys. If they don't count the teardrop trailer as a second car or if they allow 2 cars in one spot, Scott had first dibs on sharing our space! :grin:

PM me if you need my cell phone number.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Tonya - I think you'll only need two campsites.
Richelle and I will be doing a day thing w/ya'll on Saturday but we won't be spending the night.
Burtch wussied-out on this meet and is going to the O.C. Fair. :roll:
Leaving you, Scott, Mel and Carol. (4 vehicles or 2 per campsite)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Camping Fools in the woods

My sis is coming in her car so there will be 2 in my spot. I'm tenting she's carsleeping. I'll be on the lookout for the spot Dog Owned has landed in. See you soon. :grin:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If it's not too late Jeanie and I would like to join you. I will drive up Friday afternoon and Jean will meet us at the Stage Coach Inn for breakfast. ( I know that's not the name, It's late and I'm about to pass out from Stupidity). I too will be bringing 2 Kayaks, but no Duffy. (they have rules about dogs on the Lake).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey all, we are here!
We're in space 314 with Scott. Beautiful lake views.

We were able to split up our vehicles and grab space 315 for the first two peeps to get here.

They are super strict here and will not let us get any more space... You have to physically be here with your car There are great sites all around us so I hope they don't fill up before you get here!
See you here!

61 - 80 of 92 Posts