• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Santa Barbara ~ Cachuma Lake Thanksgiving Week End

This is short notice but...
We had a really good time on the Santa Barbara Wine Tour a few weeks back.
It was a low turn out with only 5 Elements on hand and we had a blast.
But after drinking all the wines that we initially bought as Holiday gifts (they were so good!) we’ve decided that another Wine Tour/Campout is in order to compensate for all the empties.
(weather permitting)

DATE: Friday & Saturday after Thanksgiving Day, November 25 - 26

WHERE: Cachuma Lake Recreation Area

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ok, since we missed it last month, we are IN!

We'll get there that Friday a.m. and take off Sunday morning.
Bringing 2 Es, the dogs, my Mom, and the E tent and teardrop trailer.

Making tri-tip and fresh bread for the potluck! Can't wait for Cold Spring Tavern and kayaking!

-Tonya & John

PS: I think we should try to get the semi-"group" spot we had last year on the Barona area, so whoever gets there first....

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Bringing 2 Es
I guess I have to go too. My GGM has a crush on your KGM. I'll be in REALLY late Thur, or hopefully AM Fri.

I think both spots were pretty good, but we should grab whichever has less neighbors ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just a note, you don't have to be into wineries for this camping weekend. John and I aren't into that and will be hanging at camp with the dogs and kayaks while other peeps go to the winery tours. There's something for everyone!:grin:

Awww, Scott, wouldn't having little Galapagos Kiwi toasters running around camp be so cute????:twisted:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Awww, Scott, wouldn't having little Galapagos Kiwi toasters running around camp be so cute????:twisted:
They would be 2012's! Or is it a 5yr pregnancy?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
And could I get a ruling about Dogs in Kayaks. My dogs love to ride along, they have the necessary jackets but I've been told that Dogs are not allowed on the lake. Does that rule only apply to Rentals ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just a note, you don't have to be into wineries for this camping weekend. John and I aren't into that and will be hanging at camp with the dogs and kayaks while other peeps go to the winery tours. There's something for everyone!:grin:
Very true. Richelle and I will be doing some wine touring, probably just hit one winery and get a case of wine on Friday then head back to the lake and hang out the rest of the weekend.

Oh great, now we'll have to chaperone E's so they don't get knocked up. :roll:
Beware of hussy E's with loose panties!
Our E is payed off - and we don't need another car payment! :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh great, now we'll have to chaperone E's so they don't get knocked up. :roll:
Beware of hussy E's with loose panties!
Our E is payed off - and we don't need another car payment! :lol:
It's because of all of Gene's infernal camp DRINKS!!!:lol:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'll try to remember the Absolut Orient Apple and Hot Apple Cider this time.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
According to the weather forecast, possible Thursday/Turkey Day showers but otherwise sunny for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. :)

But it could get a little chilly overnight - we must bring lotza firewood!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey Eeps,

I am leaving Pomona on Friday around 7 a.m. I'll have the Kiwi, my mom and two dogs.

John is following when he gets off work at 2:30 (yeah, he's working Turkey Day and Friday :|).

Let me know if anyone wants to caravan....I'm going straight there to snag sites and set up. I'll have my radios.

Yous guys have my cell.

-Tonya :jump021:

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
If I don't leave on Thur PM, I'll caravan on Fri 7am with you.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The E will be pre packed on Wednesday then we're spending Thursday night at my sister's in Simi Valley.
We have two Thanksgiving Dinners to attend - one in the early afternoon and the other in the evening! :shock:
If we don't O.D. on triptophan, :twisted: we'll be up early on Friday and head to the lake.

We'll be stopping for breakfast at Carrows in Ventura along the way if anyone wants to join us. 8:30 AM Friday.
It's right off the 101 Freeway-easy on easy off.
Take Seaward Ave off ramp - Exit # 68

Carrows Restuarant
2401 Harbor Blvd.
Ventura, CA

Bring Wood! :evil:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Another camping meet in my backyard and I will be working, again! :-(

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Dang. Forgot camp chat AGAIN. Haha

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lake Cachuma

Sorry I won't be able to attend this one. I'll be at the realtives in Oceanside for Turkey Day on Saturday. So everyone have a good time, hope you stay warm & dry. Enjoy your weekend. See you all in Death Valley.

:-D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts