Honda Element Owners Club banner

OK - Who's in on this?

• State Street in Santa Barbara - here I come!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Santa Ynez Valley has some of Cali's best wineries - I'll be there.

• I just want to kick back at the lake and fish!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
California Central Coast Camp & Wine Tour
November 5~6 (weather permitting)

Zaca Mesa Winery & Vineyards - Santa Ynez Valley

Camping: Cachuma Lake Recreational Area - Santa Barbara, California http://www.countyofsb.org/parks/parks05.aspx?id=9150
Wine Tour: Santa Ynez Valley http://www.winecountrygetaways.com/santa-ynez-wineries.html

Friday
Cachuma Lake Recreational Area and Campground:
Camping reservations are not required.
Don't like tent camping? There are yurts and cabins available too.
Heck - if you want to you can even rent a motorhome to stay in at this campground!
You can fish, fly kites, bird watch, play horseshoes, tennis or volleyball.. there even a swimming pool here you can use.
The campground has showers, clean restrooms a camp store and anything else you might need for a comforatble camping experience.
A superb location too.

Once you arrive at the lake, proceed to the check in gate where you will be allowed to enter the campground and go find yourself a campsite.
Drive around until you find many Elements, then pick a campsite of your liking, go back to the check-in booth and register it.
Return to your campsite set up your camp and commence having fun with all of your friends.

Note: As folks will be arriving at different times during the day and early evening, no group scheduled activities are on the agenda for Friday.
Instead, peeps will be hanging out , chillin and grillin.
Friday night dinner is whatever you feel like cooking.

Wine Tour Saturday
Big Breakfast: To be decided.
Either a morning group feed at camp or breakfast at Cold Spring Tavern http://coldspringtavern.com/ (featured on the Food Channel)

Wine Tour: will take up the better part of the day.
It will consist of visiting at least 4 of the many estates and wineries in the lovely Santa Ynez Valley.
We’ll be cruising the back roads that connect them.

Lunch Break - picnic at one of the wineries.
Pack your coolers with whatever you might want to eat.

Pot Luck Dinner
This is a campout – you’re encouraged to cook up whatever you want for dinner and add it to the Pot Luck - anything goes!
We’ll uncork a few bottles of the fabulous wines that we purchased during the wine tour, kick back and enjoy a beautiful evening under the stars.

This will be a great time - hope that you can make it!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Camping: Cachuma Lake Recreational Area - Santa Barbara, California http://www.countyofsb.org/parks/parks05.aspx?id=9150
Wine Tour: Santa Ynez Valley http://www.winecountrygetaways.com/santa-ynez-wineries.html

Friday
Cachuma Lake Recreational Area and Campground:
Camping reservations are not required.
Don't like tent camping? There are yurts and cabins available too.
Heck - if you want to you can even rent a motorhome to stay in at this campground!
You can fish, fly kites, bird watch, play horseshoes, tennis or volleyball.. there even a swimming pool here you can use.
The campground has showers, clean restrooms a camp store and anything else you might need for a comforatble camping experience.
A superb location too.

Once you arrive at the lake, proceed to the check in gate where you will be allowed to enter the campground and go find yourself a campsite.
Drive around until you find many Elements, then pick a campsite of your liking, go back to the check-in booth and register it.
Return to your campsite set up your camp and commence having fun with all of your friends.

Note: As folks will be arriving at different times during the day and early evening, no group scheduled activities are on the agenda for Friday.
Instead, peeps will be hanging out , chillin and grillin.
Friday night dinner is whatever you feel like cooking.

Wine Tour Saturday
Big Breakfast: To be decided.
Either a morning group feed at camp or breakfast at Cold Spring Tavern http://coldspringtavern.com/ (featured on the Food Channel)

Wine Tour: will take up the better part of the day.
It will consist of visiting at least 4 of the many estates and wineries in the lovely Santa Ynez Valley.
We’ll be cruising the back roads that connect them.

Lunch Break - picnic at one of the wineries.
Pack your coolers with whatever you might want to eat.

Pot Luck Dinner
This is a campout – you’re encouraged to cook up whatever you want for dinner and add it to the Pot Luck - anything goes!
We’ll uncork a few bottles of the fabulous wines that we purchased during the wine tour, kick back and enjoy a beautiful evening under the stars.

This will be a great time - hope that you can make it!
Sounds great, and we would like to be part of it, but can't do weekends. Zaca Mesa is one of our main stays, in fact just got back from a week up there-Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez, and Paso (during the week) For those who have not been there, this will be a great trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post-I've been lurking here awhile waiting for my E to fall from the sky. I'm thinking maybe next year :razz:

I live in SB and wanted to pass on some info about an event being put on by a local non-profit organization. It is a wine and chocolate tasting party with live music, great food and plenty of fun. And this year it is on Nov 6!

I don't know how much I can publicize it here (links and whatnot) but if it is allowed let me know and I'll provide more info.

Roux

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Roux - you don't need to own an E to attend the camping meet.
Appreciation of the Box of Boxes will get you a ticket
It's always a great time!

I'm always up for chocolate, wine and music festivties
Tell me more!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Sounds great, and we would like to be part of it, but can't do weekends. Zaca Mesa is one of our main stays, in fact just got back from a week up there-Santa Barbara, Santa Ynez, and Paso (during the week) For those who have not been there, this will be a great trip!
Dang - another wino! 8)
Zaca Mesa is wonderful - it's one of my faves too.
Wish you could go to one of our meets.
Hope to see you there sometime.:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ok Gene, count us in!

We will actually probably be there Thursday night too, and may bring our dogs. We'll be bringing the other E ("Yoda"...what else do you name the Kiwi Green E? I dunno!).

Anyone going to pester any of the other Redwoods peeps to this??? I think we should!

-T.

·
Banned
412 Posts
This will be excellent!

My hunnybun works as a winemaker at Babc ock in Lompoc and this weekend will be smack dab in the middle of the grape harvest. If she cannot join us for the Saturday tour we might be able to privately tour the barrel room at the 'co ck while they're in full swing.

A new (to me) winery that really should be included on the tour is Beckman just south of Los Olivos - their tasting flights trump just about everyone else and right beside their gorgeous tasting room are three gazebos overlooking a duckpond for picnic lunching. Also - Sanford winery to the south of Babc ock has great wines but the buildings and landscaping are incredible! I will know closer to the weekend if there is a missle launch at Vandenberg while we're there - they seem to be shooting stuff up pretty regularly these days.

- Ric

PS: I'm pretty certain my broken hand will not be djembe-ready by this weekend and my dodgeball season is over. Sorry.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK Ric - it's offical... you've just been selected Trail Boss for Wine Tour! :razz:
We'll follow your lead.

Big bummer about your broken Dodgeball hand - hope you mend up quick.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tonya - So happy you guys are going - it's gonna be fun!
Ric's drum hand is out of the picture for this one (poor baby) hope John will bring his guitar and serenade us under the stars.

Yes bring the dogs - plenty of open space here to walk them.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Sorry to miss this, especially since it is in my own backyard!:oops: But we booked that weekend for camping out on the Channel Islands. :)

Everyone be careful on CA154 over San Marcos Pass- there have been a few high-profile fatal accidents recently on that very dangerous stretch of road.:-(

Death Valley 2011 is definately on my radar for February-- haven't been out there since back when I had my 03 E... We'll probably end up with on of those walk-in sites, they sound good.:)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

*hyperventilating* Nov 5-6? We might be able to make that weekend.

Confused a bit though. How much $ to tent/E-camp?

OK Ric - it's offical... you've just been selected Trail Boss for Wine Tour! :razz:
We'll follow your lead.
If we make the event, I vote for Daniel Gehr's in Los Olivos as a stop. I never leave without a bottle.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Cats and Dogs

It is raining C's & D'c today ...good news for the lake.
Love it when it is full of water.
Teddy is freaked out by the thunder and lighting but think it is cool!
This is a pic of Ted and I at a lookout south of the lake.
Love it there!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
We have six E's and assorted guests and dogs attending so far.

What's wrong with you E'ples?
Forgot how to drive?

If the weather cooperates this is going to be a faboo time!!!!!!

If you've never done a wine tour before you're missing out on some extrodinary fun.
Don't let this opportunity pass you by.

PS: Camping at Cachuma Lake is an option - if you don't want to camp you can just show up for the wine tour on Saturday.
It's all good.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I anticipate having this 747 in the containers and on it's way to Taiwan so I should be able to make this one. I'm still packed up from the last one (which I didn't attend). Is it going to rain this time ? Never mind I don't care.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well, I lived in SB for 5 years back in the 80's and spent many a night camping around those parts. Stories will be told around the campfire. With Gene pouring...

So YES, I will be there.

Anyway, I'm not done processing all my pics from my trip to NM yet, but here is a fun one from the City of Rocks State Park:

So if you are on the fence about this trip, just do it! It will be a fun time for all.

P.S. Breakfast at Cold Springs is a must!!!

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I'm still negotiating scheduling issues. If I can go, I will have to come back late Sat night. (poo)

1 - 20 of 103 Posts