Honda Element Owners Club banner

OK - Who's in on this?

• State Street in Santa Barbara - here I come!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Santa Ynez Valley has some of Cali's best wineries - I'll be there.

• I just want to kick back at the lake and fish!

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, I WILL be going, the +1 WON'T be going, but I'm not sure if I will be arriving late Fri, or early Sat.
That's good news.
Hope you can make it up there for Friday night festivities.
If not Saturday will be OK too.

The wineries don't open until 11:00 AM so if you arrive early on Saturday you should have enough time to meet us at camp,
set up your gear and head to breakfast with the gang at Cold Spring Tavern.
The Wine Tour will begin from there. :-D

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Gene,

If you want to, PM your address and departure time and I will caravan up there with you and Richelle.

Also, check out the 2011 DV thread. Glenn stopped by this morning for Tacos in yet another vehicle.

Regards,
Greg
Whatever time you guys (or anybody) are planning to go through LA, please let me know. I always miss the caravan portion of the outings, or the caravan goes free-for-all (i.e. not a caravan) *shakes head*. Once I know the big picture of my weekend, I can easily be swayed into adjusting my final departure time to meet a caravan.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Gene,

If you want to, PM your address and departure time and I will caravan up there with you and Richelle.

Also, check out the 2011 DV thread. Glenn stopped by this morning for Tacos in yet another vehicle.

Regards,
Greg
Greg - sounds great!
Here's the deal. err... route so to speak. :roll:
We live near Venice/Marina Del Rey and rather than deal with Friday morning LA traffic we head to Malibu and take PCH to Point Mugu and Los Posas Rd to the 101.
We always stop for breakfast at Carrows in Ventura (I'll buy) and head to where ever we're going from there.

You can meet Richelle and I at Carrows or at our house.
But we leave early! (7:00 AM at the latest)
I'll send you a PM later this evening with all the info. "GO GIANTS!"

Anyone interested in caravaning to the gig, hook up with us at "Carrows" in Ventura between 8:30 and 9:30 AM.
You'll find us in pigging out in the lounge/bar section, left of the register when you walk in the front door of the restaurant.
(really good breakfast menu, nice lounge, more privacy and plenty of elbow room)

Carrows Restaurant
2401 Harbor Blvd.
Ventura, CA 93001
805-642-3780 (you'll see it from the freeway)

·
Banned
412 Posts
Hey you crazy kids!

First off - UNDERWORLD live at the Shrine last night was a lifechanging experience. If you EVER get the chance to see them...

Allyson will be working at Babc ock almost for sure on Saturday and if they're not insanely busy crushing grapes when we arrive we just might get a barrel tasting. I will drive up after 5pm on Friday and will swing by Cachuma for a free twenty minute visit, but I'm sleeping in Lompoc. Should Allyson get Sunday off we will camp Sat at Cachuma.

This will be a good one, you betcha. We should picnic at Beckman.

Ric

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Good news Ric!

Hope Allyson can pull it off (barrel tasting and camping Saturday night)
A picnic lunch at Beckmen Vineyards is an excellent choice.
This will be fabu fun for everyone!

So cool that you saw Karl and Rick live!
Underworld's new CD is soooooo awesome! (Thanks for the heads up on that)

·
Registered
308 Posts
River..did I hear River?

Gene,

Cachuma Lake offers a discount on camping fees: "Reduced rate for seniors, disabled or members of AAA, FMCA and Good Sam Clubs. No duplicate discounts apply."

Knocks it from $20 to $18.

There is another option to Cachuma. There is a group campground called Sage Hill along Paradise Road. Actually, it is a group only area with 5 group campsites, water and flush toilets, but no showers. Paradise store is only a few minutes away.

Now I have not been in the area for 20 years, but it is beautiful. About 8 miles south of Cachuma Lake and close to Stagecoach Road. It is next to the Santa Ynez River.

Clicky

Up to 10 vehicles and 50 peeps for only $91 per night.

If more than 5 E's show up it would be cheaper, and we all love group sites.

Anyway, something to think about.

Also, if you click on the Element Camping link in my sig, the last 51 pics are from my latest trip.

Regards,
Greg
Can we swim it this river? I know we can't in the lake.
Just got home from SF wedding. Sleeping off a Big Cold:-(
Is a Canoe ride for Teddy and I included in this trip package?:razz:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Can we swim it this river? I know we can't in the lake.
Just got home from SF wedding. Sleeping off a Big Cold:-(
Is a Canoe ride for Teddy and I included in this trip package?:razz:
I'm sure you could swim in the river but it's probably knee deep (if that) this time of year.
There's always the ocean but you know thats gonna be cold!

Did you know that the campground we're staying at in Death Valley has a very beautiful, huge, heated pool that's fed by an underground aquifer?
Swimming at Death Valley in February... yeah, that's the ticket!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Pool

I'm sure you could swim in the river but it's probably knee deep (if that) this time of year.
There's always the ocean but you know thats gonna be cold!

Did you know that the campground we're staying at in Death Valley has a very beautiful, huge, heated pool that's fed by an underground aquifer?
Swimming at Death Valley in February... yeah, that's the ticket!
No.... I didn't know. Any pics? Is it a Sulfer pool?

·
Banned
412 Posts
Either three tons or 30 tons of grapes Saturday

I spoke to winemaker Allyson last night. She just learned that due to the hot spike of weather they experienced this week, Babc ock is getting either three or thirty tons of cabernet grapes to press on Saturday - they will be busy. Thing is, this is one winery that has it's operation going on RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TASTING ROOM. See Allyloo drive the forklift!

And of course I just got a 5pm audition for Southland on the WB lot Friday, never fails. I plan to drive to Cachuma, see everyone, check in with her, then spend the night in Lompoc. See you Sat morning.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm getting up there by noon Friday...

John is following in the evening after work, so I might need some big, strong man to help me put up my tent when I get there (really easy and quick, just awkward for one person).

If I share my cigars and a tri tip, can I get someone to snag me a bottle since we are staying in camp during the wine tour Saturday? :-D:lol:

-Tonya

·
Registered
227 Posts
I spoke to winemaker Allyson last night. She just learned that due to the hot spike of weather they experienced this week, Babc ock is getting either three or thirty tons of Chardonnay grapes to press on Saturday - they will be busy.
RIC! How is the hand???? You won't be drumming still???? That sux arse!!!!
:-(

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
That's good news.
Hope you can make it up there for Friday night festivities.
If not Saturday will be OK too.

The wineries don't open until 11:00 AM so if you arrive early on Saturday you should have enough time to meet us at camp,
set up your gear and head to breakfast with the gang at Cold Spring Tavern.
The Wine Tour will begin from there. :-D
It looks like I will be coming on Saturday morning, hopefully in time for breakfast. See you all then.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi there all. I want to confirm I will be coming for sure. I will be leaving at 6 am and should be there between 11 and noon. This sounds to fun to pass up.

Tonya, many of us will be happy to take care of getting wine for you on Sat, count me in on that for sure. I can help as well with your tent if the big strong guys are not there yet.

Excited yes! I took the day off today to get some food, do packing etc. :lol:

Ric, looking forward to meeting your sweetheart!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Oooh look! All sorts of cool peeps heading to wine country..
You know this is gonna be the shiz.

Tonya - Greg (you haven't met him yet but I'll vouce for the guy) is meeting us at our place at 7:00 AM tomorrow and we'll be there well before you arrive at noonish.
I'll volunteer Greg to be available to you for he-man type chores like tent assembly, dish washing... important stuff like that. :razz:

Melainie - Yeah!
T'will be good to see you again - prepare for fun!

Ric - 30 tons of grapes on Saturday! What does that mean?
Are we on for Babc ock or do we revert to alternate Plan B?
Guess I'll find out Friday night.
It's all good to me! :grin:

Legioss - just spoke with a few of the Mirkwood Elves, they are very happy that you'll be making the gig. CYA Saturday AM

·
Banned
412 Posts
Bonus: Missile Launch Fri at 7:20pm

Gene - we just don't know. I'll be in touch with her coworker who has a cellphone to find out what's what about Saturday.

I'm on the mailing list for Vandenberg missile launches and they've been having a heckofa time this week getting a satellite up - it appears it will now happen at 7:20pm tomorrow night. This could be hard to view from Lake Cachuma because of the thick oak cover and the mountain ridge between us and the coast, though:

Delta II COSMO-SkyMed 4 Mission Rescheduled for Nov. 5

Vandenberg AFB, Calif., (Nov. 3, 2010) - The launch of the Delta II
COSMO-SkyMed 4 (Constellation of four SAR radar satellites for global Earth
Observation performed for the Italian Space Agency, the Minister of Defence
and the Ministry of Research) mission has been rescheduled for Friday, Nov.
5 with a launch time of 7:20 p.m. PDT. During a review and analysis by
Thales Alenia Space of the current position of the three COSMO-SkyMed
satellites currently on orbit, it was determined that in order for COSMO
SkyMed-4 to be correctly inserted into the constellation, a launch could not
take place on Nov. 4 due technical reasons.

The Delta II second stage low voltage battery issue has been resolved and
the rocket is ready for launch. Updates to the COSMO SkyMed-4 mission
status will be issued as new information becomes available. United Launch
Alliance provides the Delta II launch vehicle and mission services under a
commercial launch service contract administered by Boeing Launch Services
for Thales Alenia Space-Italia (TAS-I).

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)
Ooooh goodie.... a missle launch! :jump021:
I'm bringing my telescope and binoculars.
I'm not on the A-List with Ric but I hope I can see some of the launch from Cachuma Lake or nearby.
Night sky is near moonless, so if there's no cloud cover at the lake we just might see it. (it could happen)
(whenever there's a missle lauch at Vandenberg that can be seen from LA - 911 get's inundated with flakes & crazies calling about UFOs and Virgin Mary sightings.) :alien: :roll:

FRS Radios: if you got em - bring em.
We'll be touring so the radios will be helpful for communicating - alot less expensive than raking up wireless fees on your cell phones. ;-)

We have a set Radio Shack FRS's - be happy to share one of them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi there all. I want to confirm I will be coming for sure. I will be leaving at 6 am and should be there between 11 and noon. This sounds to fun to pass up.

Tonya, many of us will be happy to take care of getting wine for you on Sat, count me in on that for sure. I can help as well with your tent if the big strong guys are not there yet.

Excited yes! I took the day off today to get some food, do packing etc. :lol:

Ric, looking forward to meeting your sweetheart!

Chick powaaahhhh!!!!! Cool!
Although the idea of a rental man, aka Greg, is cool too!

Mel, I wonder if there will be any giant, head-sized hamburgers on THIS trip?? Insane!
:twisted:

-T.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts