Honda Element Owners Club banner

OK - Who's in on this?

• State Street in Santa Barbara - here I come!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Santa Ynez Valley has some of Cali's best wineries - I'll be there.

• I just want to kick back at the lake and fish!

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Wine country is calling

How could you miss such beautiful country when the weather will be so nice. :-D If I get up really, really, early & drive really, really fast I just might make it. And then I can enjoy Saturday night around the camp fire. I think I am talking myself into this trip. I'll just sleep in the car and enjoy the night sky through my moon roof. :mystery: :eoc:

·
Banned
412 Posts
We've usually camped in the BARONA area...

These are campsites #250 to about #318. Drive in past the guard station and turn left at the 76 station/convenience store and you're in Barona.

I noticed earlier this year that the sites closest to the shore/cliffs are priced at a premium rate; whatever.

I got my cast off yesterday and the dr yanked two long pins out of my hand (I thought he was kidding - yikes) but I am not yet drumworthy. I'll sing though if that's what you'd call it. I have words in my head. Please help me.

We may be joined Saturday night by a couple of the Bab winemakers.

It's excellent to see the calibre of nice people coming out for this. The weather will be spectacular and may I suggest a glider ride at the local airport if you have the $200 or so for it - we did it last December and it was incredible - you get to pilot the craft for a while and the view is not unpretty.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Legioss - just spoke with a few of the Mirkwood Elves, they are very happy that you'll be making the gig. CYA Saturday AM
Oh, boy, small hands to rewire my "Unlock all doors with 1-click" mod!

I'll just sleep in the car and enjoy the night sky through my moon roof. :mystery: :eoc:
<Jealousy>Damn you moon-roofers!</Jealousy>

Ok, this will sound a bit ridiculous, but it's true: I have been trying to kill off a cold all week, but I still have it. Can I bribe one of you guys to prep a contribution in my name so I can keep my germs away from the food prep? Hahaha

Thanks
P.S. TINY chance I may be able to come tomorrow night.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Good morning Campin Fools!

All packed up, full tank, IPod charged, and waiting for Greg.

Melanie - haven't heard from Dave.
Sure would be great to see him and Jeannie.
Maybe they'll surprise us and show up unannounced. 8)

CYA all later today! :grin:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Me Too

Ok, this will sound a bit ridiculous, but it's true: I have been trying to kill off a cold all week, but I still have it.

P.S. TINY chance I may be able to come tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]

This Darn thing won't leave my chest and I can barely talk:(:shock:
I really wanted to come down!:-(
If magic happens maybe Saturday night and do a Moonroof Sleep in the car with no packing except a pillow, sleeping bag and Teddy.:evil:
Miss you folks!:-D

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
This Darn thing won't leave my chest and I can barely talk:(:shock:
I really wanted to come down!:-(
If magic happens maybe Saturday night and do a Moonroof Sleep in the car with no packing except a pillow, sleeping bag and Teddy.:evil:
Miss you folks!:-D
Just to clarify, i AM going no matter what. Not sure what day/time though. The last time I went camping it actually killed off a cold i had, so I'm hoping for a repeat.

It looks like nobody is going to accept my food bribe, so I'll just buy something up there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Breakfast

:food018: I'm going to drive to Cold Creek & wait for everybody there. By the time I get there I'm sure I'll be ready for a nap. :sleep012: Then I'll go on to the campground.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Leaving now. Keep an eye out for a GGM with HIDs, and/or halo DRL's (if the HIDs are too bright). Maybe I will nerd it up and put on the LED rings if I get really lost. ETA 11:30ish =/ I hope this isn't too confusing finding you guys.

Oh yes, slot numbers would be appreciated too.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hey all - we are here having a great time.

As I write this we are having Tri-tip, Rib-eyes, salad, great wines etc.

Gene reports no injuries as of yet, no rain so far, but we are ready for that if it comes.

There was an excellent missile launch last night that we saw, and we got a top notch tour of a winery that Ric's honeybun works at.

Here is a teaser pic of the Cold Spring Tavern where we had breakfast.

And just down the road...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry we missed it! We are "Green" with envy....:)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Love the Pics. That travern is great!
Are you coming this way tomorrow Mel? Anyone else want to visit. Some rain forecast but the rest of the week should be great. Hell, SLO is great in the rain too!
Let me hear from you
Marilyn

And just down the road...

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
177 Posts
What a great weekend

I had a wonderful time! I'm so glad I went. The countryside in that area is worth the trip. But then to have such a great time with all my E friends. Our singalong around the campfire was the best entertainment. Miss Vickie is so happy to be back on her couch, no more dirt to lay in. I'll have to wait to see when the next get together is & if I can make it. But I will be in DV for sure. Have a good evening and thanks for a great time.
:eoc:

·
Registered
227 Posts
John, myself, Jet and Charlie the Wonder Dogs had fun! It was good to meet some of the Camping Fools we hadn't met yet! Here's a few pics.

FYI, it was Wild Kingdom outside our tent last night...raccoons still trying to bust into our tent (they were successful the night before, eating the dog food and staring at me), either a coyote or mountain lion growling, animals fighting and screaming...I though maybe you guys got back up and broke into more bottles of the wine. :lol:

-Tonya

Attachments

61 - 80 of 103 Posts