Honda Element Owners Club banner

OK, Who's on board for this?

• Do we have to get permission slips from our parents again?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
When does camp chat start? I need to put it on my schedule so I can forget it each week. ;P

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
The Santa Barbara Wine Tour & Campout at Cachuma Lake is on Like Donkey Kong!

OCTOBER 20-21-23

Richelle and I will be at camp early (Thursday) to scout out the choicest camping digs for the crew (any requests?)
and be there to greet any and all distinguished EOC dignataries upon arrival through Friday.

Further more.. as the SB Wine Tour is the week end following the 2011 Honda Fall Classic Meet..
we'll be there too, decorating windshields with invite flyers for the Wine Tour Meet the next week end.
That's two very cool EOC Meets back to back - you can't beat that!

I will be posting a complete itinerary for the Santa Barbara Meet shortly.

IT'S HARVEST TIME IN WINE COUNTRY FOLKS!!!!
COME JOIN US AND HAVE SOME REAL GOOD FUN WITH PEOPLE WHO LOVE CAMPING, WINE, GOOD FOOD AND ELEMENTS!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
The Santa Barbara Wine Tour & Campout at Cachuma Lake is on Like Donkey Kong!

OCTOBER 20-21-23
Richelle and I will be at camp early (Thursday) to scout out the choicest camping digs for the crew (any requests?) and be there to greet any and all distinguished EOC dignataries upon arrival through Friday.

Further more.. as the SB Wine Tour is the week end after the Honda Fall Classic Meet. We'll be decorating windshields with invite flyers for the Wine Tour Meet. That's two very cool EOC Meets back to back - you can't beat that!
I liked last year's spot, but that's the only spot I looked at ;P

Flyers at Torrance are an EXCELLENT idea.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
We were in Santa Barbara a few weeks ago for Richelle's B-Day.
Stayed at a motel two blocks from the beach for $100 per night. (Which is right next door to Fess Parker's Double Tree Resort at $450 per night) :roll:
Ate a nice breakfast at Sterns Warf in the fog and by 11;00 AM it was blazing sunshine.
Visted Solvang and had a picnic luinch at Cachuma.
The lake is as beautiful as ever as is all of Santa Barbara. Looking forward to going back!

miss pokie bday santa barbara 006.jpg

miss pokie bday santa barbara 021.jpg

miss pokie bday santa barbara 040.jpg

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Scott - We'll try and bag the same campsites we did last year. They're lakeside, close to showers and restrooms with plenty of shade and space to spread out in.

Cachuma November 5-7 027.jpg

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
We're gonna try and swing by and camp Saturday afternoon. I have new job training Saturday morning (if/when you guys swing through Santa Barbara after Nov 18, you will see a brand new place to shop for camping/hiking/biking supplies, just off the Garden Street exit ;-)), but will try to make it that evening.

If you are heading over to the Babcok winery, keep going on 246 couple miles to the La Purisma State Historic Park. Really cool CCC/WPA recreation of a Spanish mission, visitor center, gift shop, and lots of hiking trails.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
We're gonna try and swing by and camp Saturday afternoon. I have new job training Saturday morning (if/when you guys swing through Santa Barbara after Nov 18, you will see a brand new place to shop for camping/hiking/biking supplies, just off the Garden Street exit ;-)), but will try to make it that evening.

If you are heading over to the Babcok winery, keep going on 246 couple miles to the La Purisma State Historic Park. Really cool CCC/WPA recreation of a Spanish mission, visitor center, gift shop, and lots of hiking trails.
Great! Looking forward to seeing you again. :)
It's been awhile!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
The Itinerary

2011 EOC Santa Barbara Wine Tour & Campout October 20-21-22

Part camping trip, part wine tasting tour, and a whole lotta fun”
This is a week end campout at Cachuma Lake that includes a one day Wine Tasting Tour on Saturday.
Stay for the duration or if camping ain’t your thing, just come up for the day on Saturday.

Campground - Cachuma Lake Recreational Area
http://www.countyofsb.org/parks/parks05.aspx?id=13440

Tucked away behind the mountains above Santa Barbara,” Cachuma Lake” features exceptional camping facilities and great recreational options.

THE ITINERARY

Friday:
First rate camping at the lake and related activities.” Do your own thing day”, hang out with the cool kids, fly kites, and go fishing, kayak, cycle, hike, canoe or just kickback and relax by the lake . Cachuma Lake Rec Area has it all!

Saturday:
9:00 AM - Cold Spring Tavern: www.coldspringtavern.com
Breakfast at Cold Spring Tavern - Meet at the campground or at the Tavern.
Built in 1820 this old stagecoach tavern was voted BEST place for a romantic Getaway in California and we’ll all be there for breakfast!
Bring an appetite! Breakfast here is extraordinary and reasonably priced
11:00 AM - Santa Ynez Valley “SIDEWAYS” Wine Tasting Tour:
The wine tasting tour will start at 11:00 AM at the campground with stops at wineries that were featured in the movie “Sideways”.
There are many wineries in the area and not enough time in one day to visit them all. We’ve selected “five“for our wine tasting tour.

Firestone Vineyards - www.firestonewine.com
Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard - www.fessparkerwines.com
Foxen Vineyards - www.foxenvineyard.com
Rancho Sisquoc Winery – www.ranchosisquoc.com
Zaca Mesa Winery - www.zacamesa.com

You can check all these wineries out on line for more detailed info.

7:00 PM - Pot Luck Group Feed Dinner/BBQ
Peeps will bring and prepare anything they want for the Pot Luck.
As we're close to Halloween we're encouraging people to come up with "Creepy Looking" food ideas.
Of course we’ll also be uncorking a few bottles of the exquisite local wines purchased on the wine tasting tour.
It will be a party!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds Fun!

Oh man, I would love to attend this trip. Unfortunately I have plans that weekend. Have a great time ya'll!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
extra stop

Just posted on FB. My fav winery in Los Olivos near our other stops. I'm going to have to divert over to Los Olivos at some point ;P:

Daniel Gehrs Wines
Now that we finally have some Fall weather, we decided to celebrate by offering $5 tastings to our beloved customers. Come on by and try our wonderful Fall wine selections for only $5. Not sure how long we will be in a celebratory mood, so plan to visit soon...Cheers to all!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
Just posted on FB. My fav winery in Los Olivos near our other stops. I'm going to have to divert over to Los Olivos at some point ;P:
Scott, didn't know you had a favorite winery.
We're not locked in to any particular wineries. Daniel Gehrs Winery Los Olivos is now on the stop, swirl, taste and spit list.
As we have to go through Los Olivos anyway (love the town) to get to the other wineries on the Sideways tour.
We should hit Daniel Gehrs first (around 11:00 AM-ish) as the tiny town of Los Olivos is nuts to try driving through in the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Scott, didn't know you had a favorite winery.
We're not locked in to any particular wineries. Daniel Gehrs Winery Los Olivos is now on the stop, swirl, taste and spit list.
As we have to go through Los Olivos anyway (love the town) to get to the other wineries on the Sideways tour.
We should hit Daniel Gehrs first (around 11:00 AM-ish) as the tiny town of Los Olivos is nuts to try driving through in the afternoon.
I didn't realize some of the others were in L.O. too until this morning. I'm always a sucker for anything from Daniel Gehrs. If anybody still has room after breakfast, the deli place across from DG does insanely good tri-tip for lunch, which ALWAYS sells out.

BTW, sorry I missed campchat AGAIN. I won some premiere tickets for lastnight. Got home at 1am.

Are we doing gift exchange?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
I didn't realize some of the others were in L.O. too until this morning. I'm always a sucker for anything from Daniel Gehrs. If anybody still has room after breakfast, the deli place across from DG does insanely good tri-tip for lunch, which ALWAYS sells out.

BTW, sorry I missed campchat AGAIN. I won some premiere tickets for lastnight. Got home at 1am.

Are we doing gift exchange?
Ah yes lunch on Saturday.. almost forgot about that.
Grab some sandwiches from the deli across from DG and eat it at Fess Parker, Firestone or any of the other wineries on the list.
They all have beautiful picnic areas.

Camp Chat? Geesh, I forgot all about it last night. Wonder if anyone showed up? :roll:

Gag Gift Exchange? Oh hell ya!
It's Halloween theme time. :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Camp chat

Well good I wasn't there either so I don't feel so bad. Got busy doing laundry & watching a movie I never even thought about it till I got to work today. I'm getting packed to head out Saturday, early. Looks like great weather for the weekend. See everybody at Cold Springs.
:035:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Hey, where was everybody ? I sat around on "Camp Chat" for hours waiting for someone to visit, then I went away and kept stalking the site but no show.:roll:
Started wondering if the Wine Tour was canceled when I wasn't looking.

We'll be there Friday (hoping before Lunch).

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Hey, where was everybody ? I sat around on "Camp Chat" for hours waiting for someone to visit, then I went away and kept stalking the site but no show.:roll:
Started wondering if the Wine Tour was canceled when I wasn't looking.

We'll be there Friday (hoping before Lunch).

Tuesday Night Camp Chat? (no wonder no one was there) LOL

Dave - Even though we changed the dates once or twice, the Wine Tour is on for this week end.
Richelle and I will be there 24 hrs. ahead of you, Jean and Duffy.
We should be there Thursday around noonish.

So we'll CYA at Cachuma! :jump021:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Miss Vickie & I off to Santa Barbara

I'm home from another great weekend at Cachuma Lake. We had 7 people & 5 "E's". I was only there for Sat & Sun but had a great time. The weather was awsome, warm and sunny just a little breeze. Got to Cold Springs just in time to have breakfast with the gang. Wish more people would have come. The more the merrier. I can hardley wait untill our next Camping Fools outing, hopefully the end of the year. Got home and Vickie :eek:die: climbed up on the couch & was asleep right away. :holhalloween1:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts