Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my AVIC-D3 installed professionally about 2 years ago. XM reception is crumby since the antenna is mounted on the driver's side corner of the dash all the way up under the windshield. You can see the wire threaded through between the dash and the windshield. I've slowly worked up the confidence to move the satellite antennas myself by reading these boards extensively.

I've located the XM box (GEX-P920XM), which they installed under the driver side near the hood release. To see it you have to look up into the underside of the dash but it's easily reachable. I unplugged the antenna and it's in a one-wire harness about 1/3" on each side.

My question is, how do I get the antenna out of this position without dismantling the entire dash since the harness is too thick to pull through between the dash and the windshield?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
590 Posts
It's probably just tucked in the entire route from tuner to antenna. Just pull it away from where it's tucked in. Don't pull it through, the antenna lead might come off.

EDIT: That "A" pillar will pull off, can't remember if it's up or out. Just start at the top, and pull away from the connection. Be carefull, I think the bottom has a hook that slides up and out, not just straight out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pulled off the A pillar, and I'm not sure that the clip even broke. I smacked it first, per the instructions, but everything went tightly back together. :confused: Should I be concerned about the airbags if I don't replace the clips?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.