Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it brand new in 04. might be parting this one out or sell as is.. Just the roof,windshield and hood damage. Roof skin is not available anymore from Honda. I can provide more photos later. sad. I took much care and garaged it. up for sell. come pick up. I'm in Hayward CA 510-589-4410 Rich

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
986 Posts
Sorry to see that. Aw, man that just s--ks. : - (

With insurance companies being how they are these days, I'm quite sure they will want to total it for damage like that.

And yet, I wonder how practical it may be to try to repair it. I mean there should be plenty of good used hoods, windshields, dashboards if needed, and even roofs (cut from donor and welded on) at wrecking yards. (All those parts are available on an '04 in a rather small yard near me.)

Maybe those who are well versed in heavy body repair could comment here.

I just hate to see what may be a repairable Element get scrapped.

·
12,178 Posts
Sorry to see that. Aw, man that just s--ks. : - (

With insurance companies being how they are these days, I'm quite sure they will want to total it for damage like that.

And yet, I wonder how practical it may be to try to repair it. I mean there should be plenty of good used hoods, windshields, dashboards if needed, and even roofs (cut from donor and welded on) at wrecking yards. (All those parts are available on an '04 in a rather small yard near me.)

Maybe those who are well versed in heavy body repair could commuent here.

I just hate to see what may be a repairable Element get scrapped.
The labor time just replacing the roof panel alone makes it impractical for a vehicle of that age.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts