Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say goodbye to the group. I have enjoyed the years here and loved my Honda Element but it is time to say good bye to both. My E has had several mods which have been found here and I have done a few of my own as well, a couple of which were posted. The E has done very well over the last 7 years and the only 'real' complaint I have is that it did not have a 6 cyl engine and has a pretty weak suspension. I still love her and will miss the fun times but the time has come to let her go.

I will miss her and the group! Keep up the great work!

GeoElement

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
So long "old timer" (from another old timer. we joined at the same time!)

You have shown remarkable restraint in posting over the years as your total posts show, unlike some

Jojo comes to mind!

:)

Good luck in the future, hope your journey is interesting and safe

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PVR, Even though I did not post much I did read much. This group has been extremely valuable and I would recommend to anyone with a E to join. They would not regret it.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Sorry to see you go. We wish you well with your future vehicle. Which by the way I think we would all like to know what you have chosen. It is nice to see what former E owners move on to.

I feel your pain with the downside of the E but I am not ready to part with mine just yet. For one I haven't found a suitable replacement in the same price range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question and I should have stated the obvious. I have moved to a 2010 Subaru Outback. One key factor to a new vehicle was gas mileage and the Outback lists 22 City / 29 Highway which is pretty good for an all time 4 wheel drive. I believe I made the right choice for me and my family.....and my back.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Very nice. I looked into an outback years ago when they had the V6 in the LL Bean edition only and at that time the 4 cyl was not what I was looking for and the extra cost of the 6 was crazy to me. The new ones are really nice looking. I hope you enjoy it and please come back and check in with us from time to time.

At least there is a lot of Subie support on the net. The EOC is one of the biggest reasons I don't want to get ride of my E.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Aye, when i was looking at getting a forester... HUGE online community for it, much like this one. Almost pulled the trigger, but the dealership wanted to give me something like $16k total for both my 04 (w/55k) and my 05 (65k at the time). which was really quite the insult. So we ended up keeping the 05 and sold our 04 for 11k, im happy with it.

Enjoy your Subie =)

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
Best of luck Geo. Hope it all works out well for ya. I tried to sell my E cause I was tired of the poor gas mileage - but - unfortunately I was not able to get the money I was looking for so I kept it. I don't regret it though. Its a great car and I've put so much into it (not to mention its all paid up). Maybe one of these days when "man-a-pause" sets in I'll get rid of it for my Triumph. . . . . . . :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.