Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my console installed. Ordered it from the seller on Ebay. The transaction could not have gone better. Super nice guy... just wish I had the floor mats too! Anyway here are a few pics and some info on the install. I'm happy to answer any questions...

Started out installing this amp to power the factory sub

wired up

kick panel back in

I then ran a 12v power wire from the fuse box with an add a circuit and ran a ground wire jumper down to one of the bolts holding in the console..

and made a jumper wire for the switch on the new e-brake handle

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The other cord I created was an AUX cord to go from the aftermaket Kenwood deck to the factory AUX in inside the console..

Then ran the wires and got everything hooked up..

I ended up using the bracket that goes under the storage compartment. I looked around the board and saw many people skipped this step, but I figured it wouldn't be too tough to install and wouldn't hurt the rigidity of the console. Because I have an 06 there were not mounting holes already there for the bracket, so I just used one of the extra self tapping screws from the install of the bracket in the front. I lined up the bracket by inserting the little tab into the open hole under the console and then just driving the screw in. It's not perfect, but it seems to work

I then ran the AUX cable through the dash and over to the console. The wire is hidden under the lower tray of the console. The intergration with the console and the aftermarket deck is seamless. I love it.

One thing that I didn't remember seeing mentioned was the removal of a few screws (under the shifter) and the reuse of them to get the console installed.
here are the screws I'm talking about...

After that everything else went pretty smooth. There was some jockeying into place, but pretty much just drop in and go. I found it easiest to install the storage part first and then get the cupholder center part in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that it's in I can say it's by far the best thing I've done in a long time. The cupholder are so much more useful and the storage is awesome. Installing the console and the sub and amp did take most of the day,but I would do it again without thinking twice.
If you get the chance... do this mod!

My helpers couldn't quite keep up though :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
hey it looks like a few animals moved into your truck.... :)

i have to agree, the console is the best part of the SC. i like it much more than the old 04 SOP's i had a few years ago.

·
Registered
122 Posts
nice work! makes me jelous....

·
Registered
836 Posts
i always look on ebay for SC center cconsole and can never find any and when i do i cant relocate them.... what are you searching for in the search bar? I can find the armrest console but not the floor sc console :(

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Nice job on the console install. I also used the floor bracket (there are pics here somewhere) and the screws. I think the screws were just understood as you were removing the old stuff. I also agree that it is the best mod that I have ever done although I do wish the console lid ended up about an inch higher than what it does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts