Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm curious, Did you hook up the shielding as well? Although it shouldn't make a difference I did hook up a shield as I did not want any interference from my cellular phone that I place in the tray and I have the witing running under there. It may be a simple issue of the wires being mixed up. I color coded mine to similar codes so that I was sure the wiring was spot on.

Good luck.[/quote

Yea, I did the same thing as well as far as color for color. What would be the shield wire no one could say what to do with it. I had but one wire left over and I asked, and I asked where should this wire go and no one responded. I thought maybe grounding it but didn't. I didn't want to mess anything up. What did you do with your's specifically? I know there is no ground in the console so the only option is to take it to the dash and grounding it there. What did you do? I've yet to do another splice with the Aux dash wire and the blue and yellow wires from the console which I disconnected those connections. So if grounding will do the trick, it could be a simpler fix. I could make the blue and yellow spices again and then if grounding the shield is what it takes, it can be done.

Let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hmmm, I thought other people had said they had their's wired up "wire for wire" and it wasn't working either. I'm a little confused :confused:

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hmmm, I thought other people had said they had their's wired up "wire for wire" and it wasn't working either. I'm a little confused :confused:
To my recollection, Accord is the first to post that he wired his up, wire for wire and it's working. The majority either didn't bother to wire it up or did and haven't tried to see if it works. I wired mine blue for blue, brown for brown, green for green white for white and so on and so forth, good connections and nothing. Nismo you saw what happened on the troubleshoot with me plugging the headphones into the dash AUX jack which allowed the console AUX to work. I still haven't made the connection you've suggested since I got mine back from the sunroof install. So what are you thinking now? Again, I had one wire left over and didn't know what to do with it as the dash AUX only has but 5 wires.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I wired mine wire for wire, plus the shield. The shield wire runs to the connector I think light green red according to an earlier post. It goes from the connector and then to a braided shield around the wires. I wrapped my bundle of 5 wires with aluminum foil and then ran the shield wire to the foil and stripped about 4-6 inches of insulation off and wrapped it around the foil. I then wrapped it with electrical tape. I did the same at the other end. I'm thinking that somewhere the wires are crossed, that is the only thing I can think of.

If the jacks are hooked wire for wire either plug will trigger the aux detection because it just jumps the ground to the detection wire, either jack can trip the signal and work.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
To my recollection, Accord is the first to post that he wired his up, wire for wire and it's working. The majority either didn't bother to wire it up or did and haven't tried to see if it works. I wired mine blue for blue, brown for brown, green for green white for white and so on and so forth, good connections and nothing. Nismo you saw what happened on the troubleshoot with me plugging the headphones into the dash AUX jack which allowed the console AUX to work. I still haven't made the connection you've suggested since I got mine back from the sunroof install. So what are you thinking now? Again, I had one wire left over and didn't know what to do with it as the dash AUX only has but 5 wires.
Chozn....you can still try what I was thinking or you can try grounding that other wire I guess. It is really hard to be 100% sure without ever actually seeing the wiring. It really can't be that complicated, but I guess it is possible that you have missed something :confused:

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Both AUX jacks working now.

Chozn....you can still try what I was thinking or you can try grounding that other wire I guess. It is really hard to be 100% sure without ever actually seeing the wiring. It really can't be that complicated, but I guess it is possible that you have missed something :confused:

OK bh241,NismoGriff and Accord Driver, I'm the first one to admit when I'm wrong or made a mistake. After listening to Accord say he hooked up wire for wire and it worked and there's no change in the system from one vehicle year to the next, I said something in the milk aint white! Before I did what Nismo and bh suggested, I went back through my wires again. The problem was with the white wire. When I fiddled with it while the source was playing, I noticed that the HU would detect the source and my radio was bouncing back and forth between the CD and the AUX. I ended up doing the white wire connection over again and it's all good now. I tucked all the wires back into the hole, put the AUX and 12V plugs back into place and all is well. Barack Obama would be so proud that I had the "Yes I Can" attitude.

Again, thanks to all who chimed in with solutions on this issue.

Peace!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Happy to see things worked out!!!! I knew something didn't sound right. I'm anal when it comes to mods on my own car and make sure everything is as accurate and neat as possible. If it worked for mine I'm sure it would work for everyone else.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Happy to see things worked out!!!! I knew something didn't sound right. I'm anal when it comes to mods on my own car and make sure everything is as accurate and neat as possible. If it worked for mine I'm sure it would work for everyone else.

I'm the same way Accord. It's got to be neat, structured and in order. I couldn't figure out why yours was working and mine wasn't. I had done everything by the numbers so for it not to work and then you were the first to admit yours was working with no issues. Some have wired it but never tested or checked to see if it works. Anyway, I'm good to go now. My interior is back together and now, I can concentrate on other things.

Thanks again, to all!

Peace!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m confused. Where does the extra black wire go too? I’m more of a photo visual kind of guy. Any help would be appreciated.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts