Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw mention of an extension rod? for the emergency brake lever when you install a SC center console into a E?

Anyone explaine that for me.
Right now my Emergency brake is not connected as I couldn't make the rod reach to the brake cables for the driver side cable.

A rod came with the SC console but not sure it's the correct one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
help

basically you need to just extend the tensioner rod about 5 or 6 inches. I went to the local hardware store and bought the rod and coupler. I believe the metric # is M6X1... just carry your old ebrake handle in with ya to the hardware store and match the threads up with a coupler and threaded rod. then go back and extend the SC tension rod and attach the ebrake cables like normal. hope this helps, i just did this console in my E today!! I love it. :smile:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey!!

I was confused about what I needed for this as well I am still in the process of finishing this setup but you will need to purchase the following to extend the rod:

M6-1.0 Rod Coupling Nut
M6-1.0 x 1 Threaded Rod

You can order these online at http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=815273#post815273

I would however try and find a hardware store locally as it will be MUCH cheaper to buy there. Here is a picture from someone elses SC console install with the rod ext. installed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
basically you need to just extend the tensioner rod about 5 or 6 inches. I went to the local hardware store and bought the rod and coupler. I believe the metric # is M6X1... just carry your old ebrake handle in with ya to the hardware store and match the threads up with a coupler and threaded rod. then go back and extend the SC tension rod and attach the ebrake cables like normal. hope this helps, i just did this console in my E today!! I love it. :smile:
What was the name of the hardware store? I am having troubles finding it in Home Depot or Loews.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You will need two nuts!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts