Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently purchased a SC console on ebay to install in my 2004 DX. It has arrived in great shape but I'm not really sure how to install it; I have searched all the threads on this site and have taken note to alot of helpful stuff but I'm still not sure what to do with the fact that I have no AUX input in my dash (DX) and I have no subwoofer wiring harness coming down to where the sub is on the new SC console. I do have an after market stereo with a RCA hook up in the back of it I'm guessing for an iPod ect. input? Also the E didn't come with a stereo so I installed an alpine deck the doors had wiring harness but where the sub goes it was just a storage compartment with no wiring harness dropped down (unless I'm missing it).
So I know I have some work ahead of me which is part of the fun but really not sure what to do? I have been told by some that I cannot do this mod to my E because of the issue with no sub wiring harness and no amp to power it(I plan to get an amp to power sub) and no aux input in my dash(but my deck has and AUX input in back)...... I need some help on this mod because of my barebones model(DX)!!!!!!!!!! There are some photos below to help describe my issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
what you need to do is sell me that sc console... problem solved???

sorry thats all the help i can offer as i have never installed one either...

·
Registered
15 Posts
As long as the physical parts will fit your model everything should be fine. I added an EX sub to my LX just recently and is the same principle for the electronics of the SC console. You will just need to install a small amp for the sub (or a big one for the whole system if thats your plan). The RCA hook ups you mentioned will most likely be pre-outs for an amp. You'll just have to run all the wiring yourself which wasn't very hard to do. As for the 12 volt outlet and AUX input you just need to run a AUX jack extender from your head unit to the spot in the console and there are plenty of threads on how to add a 12 volt outlet to the Element. Someday I want to install the SC console myself, though I don't need to sub part since it's already in place. Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Thnx Beta Box I'm in the process of getting a amp and a new head unit a JVC XR-610 so I can run an aux out from the back of that to the console. What size amp do you think would be good clean power to run (2) tweeters (4) 6" door speakers and the sub?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm, to be honest I'm not sure. Others will have better answers than I do in that area. You might be able to find some info through a search too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts