Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the central questions of an earlier thread (768982) has not yet been answered for me:
Can I mount an Element SC rear bar (25mm) on my '08 EX AWD (21mm)?

Is the overall geometry of the bar the same, so that the brackets (with slightly larger bore rubber bushings) can be mounted in the original chassis threads, and the drop links will line up with the bar's end holes?

Please confirm.

Thanks,
JM

·
Registered
377 Posts
The original SC's ( 07-08 ) sway bar is not compatible with the other elements. It has a completely different mounting point. I had taken some pictures of the SC's sway bar, but they're not there anymore.
Here's my original post, but the pics are gone.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30722

I will have to confirm this, but all of the 09 Elements seem to have the same sway bar and part #. This is evidence to support the idea that the SC is only a slightly modified 2wd EX. Your best bet for upgrading the sway bars is using the Suspension Techniques kit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
As I thought, Honda's website shows all 2009 Elements have front/rear sway bars at 30/21mm, respectively.
The 2003-2008 DX/LX/EX E's all had 30/21mm.
The 2007-2008 SC had 30/25mm and mounted differently.

I did find a blurb on the Performance section for the SC, which states:
"Precision Suspension
Its suspension boasts stiffer springs and dampers, bigger sway bars and a lower ride height."

This has me wondering if the specs for the SC are correct. I'll check into it...stay tuned.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just finished comparing part numbers on hondapartsdeals.com. According to their diagrams, the 2009 SC has the SAME BAR as the 2007-2008 SC.

Majestic Honda doesn't have the 2009 listed yet, so I can't confirm with them.

Looks like the SC still has a unique rear bar after all!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Nice spreadsheet there Bellz!!!

I did notice one thing, you say that the 09 SC has the same size rear
bar as the 07 and 08 models, but on your PDF file, it shows the 09 SC
with a 21mm rear, not the 25mm rear. I'm sure it was just a typo, but
I thought I'd let you know.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice spreadsheet there Bellz!!!

I did notice one thing, you say that the 09 SC has the same size rear
bar as the 07 and 08 models, but on your PDF file, it shows the 09 SC
with a 21mm rear, not the 25mm rear. I'm sure it was just a typo, but
I thought I'd let you know.
Thanks for the compliment on the spreadsheet. I've been updating it since November of 2003, when I had a 2001 Civic.

The spreadsheet was written based on the 2009 specs supplied by Honda on their website. It was only tonight when I did some research into it, based on your question, that I found out that the SC may be like the previous years, and not the same as the 2009 LX/EX, like Honda claims on their site. At this time, I'm assuming that Honda has made a typo on their site and the rear bar is like the 07-08 SC models.

I will have to confirm this at a Honda dealer, since there doesn't seem to be a way to contact Honda directly about their website specs, other than calling them. If the dealer in my area has an SC, I'll take a few pics, since my old thread is missing the pics.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
SC swaybars

I was totally unaware the sc had stiffer swaybars. just ordered them and four new endlinks. i will post some pics and review the difference in handling against the ex ones. 180.00 for everything from majestic honda.
I cant wait!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I was totally unaware the sc had stiffer swaybars. just ordered them and four new endlinks. i will post some pics and review the difference in handling against the ex ones. 180.00 for everything from majestic honda.
I cant wait!!!!!!!
I got some really bad news for you, they wont work. Moved your thread into
here. There is some good info and other links in here. I think one person did
it with some serious mods, but they will NOT bolt on. Suspension Techniques
makes a set that will work for you.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Wow. I thought the 2010 sc swaybars would fit a 2011ex. Damn that sucks

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
well, i returned the front one since its the same. i just cant find out if the rear swaybar for the 2010 sc will fit on the 2011 ex. anymore thoughts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts