Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there is probably a post on here about this but I could only find how to remove the cover on a 2003 EX and I dont think its the same. I need to get in so I can attach the RCA cables to the sub and run them to my aftermarket deck. How should I approach this? I took out the little pins and tried working it out but I feel like im going to break something. Also what should I look for when I'm in there?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
what exactly are you trying to attach the rcas to the sub for? if you are trying to get to the speaker wires for an LOC or something for an aftermarket amp then it would be much easier to get to the amp in the passenger kick. either way let me know and i can help you out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm getting an amp and an aftermarket sub installed soonish but I am not able to get really any bass out of my car at all right now. I bought my E with the aftermarket head unit in it already and I don't know how the previous owner had it installed because I can't control the volume of the factory sub. It plays at the same very low level no matter how I adjust the volume of the sub on the head. I was hoping to just be able to run some RCAs down to get the sub to be controlled. I hope this is somehow possible if my new sub and amp doesn't work out.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you need to get the deck out and see how everything is connected back there. if they used a harness that is speaker level and not rca on all 5 inputs of the amp then that is the first thing that needs to be fixed. see bigal205's signature (top link) to see how the system should be hooked behind the radio. if not you iwll have issues hearing the sub or not hear it at all in addition to overdriving the inputs of the factory amp.

FYI the amp is in the kickpanel and it is a 5 channel amp so getting behind the factory sub to do what you are trying to accomplish will get you nowhere on this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts