Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new set of SC wheels from a Honda dealer. A year later the finish on the wheels shows marks/corrosion starting under the clearcoat. The dealer and Honda first said the damage was from using chemical sprays to clean the wheels. When I told them the wheels have never had any chemicals used on them they then said the damage was environmental damage because the E is parked outside. The dealer and Honda then said they will not cover the wheel damage because it is not the result of poor workmanship or a bad part. They did say they would pay a "small amount" towards refininshing the wheels but would not say what a small amount was.

Has anyone had any luck getting Honda to replace corroded wheels?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the same answers from Honda. It's a shame cause the are a good looking wheel. Guess that's why so many people go aftermarket

·
Registered
617 Posts
any aluminum whell that is clear coated is going to look like crap a year later. Especially if you live in the snow country. Little chips in the clear happen regardless then water, salt, road deris get in those chips. This is why I ONLY like wheels that are bare aluminum so they can be pollished

1 - 3 of 3 Posts