Honda Element Owners Club banner

I HAVE scratched plastic body panels and I own a:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I screwed up though. Forgot that you can't view a poll's results unless you have participated in it so people who have no scratches yet or are considering buying an E but haven't got it yet can't check the poll results.

I should have added a 3rd option that said "I don't have any scratches at this time"

Any way you can modify a poll after the fact?

e-j

·
Registered
608 Posts
Actually people can view the results by clicking on the bottom under where you vote.

Modify a poll......humm, T-Mac, can you help out on this one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have on at least a couple of occasions tried to scratch my EX exterior plastic with my fingernail and have not been able to. Is this possible on the DX? Has anyone tried it on a DX and EX side by side?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have an EX and no problems after a week of ownership....we will see after our first road trip Easter Weekend up to Chicago.

I have had a few scrathes on the inside....but those were all caused by my nails or keys....no biggie....I bought the E because it is a Sports UTILITY automobile.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
277 Posts
e-j

You wont be able to tell if DX's scratch more than EX's based on your poll. You have no way of identifying the percentage of users on this forum who own a DX or an EX to determine the proportion of DX owners with scratches and EX owners with scratches.

I have black bumpers on the car I'll be selling when I buy my Element and I can't say they look their best after 6 years. But if I bother to put protectant/polish on them, then the small scratches disappear and it looks OK. I'd expect that the side panels will be the same.

·
EOC Staff
659 Posts
I feel that the EX is more popular than the DX. Not knocking DX owners in any sense but I have seen a 3:1 ratio of EX:DX at the dealerships. So of course if more people own the ex more people are going to scratch the ex. Plus even if all people who own the dx scratch it, the total still may be less than the small portion of ex owners who may scratched theirs. I have an EX and have had it for nearly 2 weeks and have no scratches.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im sad about how the interior and exterior panels scratch, I consider it a massive over sight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, I am a new owner of a blue DX I love my new Element and have been reading this board for a few days. Lots of comments have made me nervous about the purchase Like the scratching.I tryed to scratch the panels with my long nails and it wasn't a problem.
I'd also like to add a friend just purchased a four runner and says her panels scratch easily. :shock:

·
Registered
20 Posts
The panels on my EX suck. They are scratched more and more evevytime I look. We need to get Honda to replace them with a stronger version.

OR..tell them we are going to tell future buyers how they are screwing us.
If there was an easy fix to the scratches then that would be different.

But there isn't. This is coming from the moron(me) who was just outside trying to smooth out the scratches with a hair dryer (advise from another moron)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts