Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
[quote:83590a7660=" "]i baby my element and still have unexpected scratches... i even have a scratch on the left rear window...

so far.....

broken air vent.....
broken rear bumper cover...

both of these were found before driving the vehicle off the lot...

currrent issue:
cruise control only works half the time...

i haven't even made the first payment...

if anything else goes wrong... i will paint "lemon" all over it and park it in front of the dealer...

cass[/quote:83590a7660]

Why baby it? It's yours to use, and it's not like it's a Bentley. . .it's just *gasp* an Element. Use it. Scratch it. Get your money's worth. Enjoy it. Don't live in fear that you're going to scratch it or get it dirty.

I've got scratches around the ignition, but I barely notice, and I doubt if anyone else would notice or care. I plan on keeping my element for a loooong time and I'm not worried about its resale or trade-in value. I'll either drive it into the ground or give it to my 5 yr old boy when he's old enough to drive it (most likely the latter).

I'm not trying to be critical, I just wonder why anyone (not just you, others have posted similar sentiments) would buy what is perhaps the most utilitarian vehicle on the market and then value a showroom-like appearance over functionality.

Like someone else in this thread posted, I've been loading and unloading bikes, dog crates, christmas trees and firewood from my E and, aside from being a little dirty (full of needles and a bit of sap at the moment), mine looks fine.

It's a tool, not a jewel. Use it.

BTW, how is it that your cruise control only works "half the time"? Can you elaborate a bit?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts