Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on how to get rid of those scratches?

Here's how I got them: I lowered the rear seats flat against the floor and put my dog's bed on them. Then between the headrest of the rear seats and the tailgate I put in a plastic practigate (an expandable dog gate that can stretch to 10 feet) wrapped completely in a towel. Then I closed the tailgate. I checked after a couple of days and noticed no scratches. But now, nearly 10 days later, I noted some scratches on the bottom interior of the tailgate, particularly on the plastic flap at the bottom. The scratches are on the surface. That is, they haven't gouged any of the plastic material. They are sort of like superficial abrasions. But they are noticeable.

Needless to say, I no longer have the practigate in the car. I had planned to use it as a barrier to prevent the dog from jumping out, while letting air in. (I use practigates in the house to cordon off the living room when I'm not home). Another question: Any suggestions as to what other kind of barrier I can use? Perhaps some flexible plastic webbing? :roll: Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
116 Posts
See if a grey crayon works, the scratches are there - on mine too, but on another board someone was using grey crayon. Try it on a small spot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think I'm the person who brought up the gray crayon idea on another thread. And actually, I haven't tried it yet. So I was wondering what others thought about it. I don't want to go from bad to worse! What about some gray touch-up paint like that sold for the exterior of cars? (A mistake with the crayon would be easier to recover from than one with paint, though.)
- Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts