Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason for this post is not to bad mouth the place I bought my E from at all but I do have a little issue.

Yesterday I took my DX in to get the air conditioning installed. It was supposed to be done by 5pm. They called my about 2:30 to say it would be 7pm before it was done. I told them I need it sooner so they got me a rental car (WAY COOL, I am very pleased with that portion - I never expected it but this is my first new Honda).

Well anyway I picked up my E last night about 8pm when it was dark. Test the air and everything worked. This morning as the sun got bright enough for me to see there were screw driver markin 5 different places where you could see that they were trying to get the left knob off.

I called right away (7:30am) to the service department to tell them (my wife made me be nice). The said to bring it in so the could order the replacement part.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS: Make sure that when they install something they do it right and don't mess up something else in the mean time.

I am still impressed with the rental car though. :D

Dano
Black DX 4WD
(Rims and a kick-butt stereo coming soon!!!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Dano

I have a Blue 4WD DX and have been looking for something different than Element stock rims and stereo to install. Just curious what you are installing. If anyone else has any recommendations and pix of rim alternatives that look good on the Element can you please post?

Thanks
D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
daelement2003,

I am probably looking to get either some 19" or 20" rims with either 50 or 45 series tires. As far as stereo equipment I already have my Aiwia CD deck (it has the mp3 plug just like the factor system does). I bought some cheap $20 speakes for right now just to have noise.

I plan to add some componet speakers for the front (I will probably mount the crossovers where the subwolfer goes on the EX) with an amp for the componets and some new rear speakers.

I am thinking that a bazooka tube (either 6 or 8 inch) would squeaze nicely in the center on the bottom of the torear seats. I would like to put it there so I don't lose any storage in the back. I my get an amplified one just so I don't have to find a place to mount a second amp.

My wife gave me a $3000 budget for the stereo system, rims, security, and the little extras I want to get (arm rest, cover for the back cargo area) So I am going to shop around to get some deals. I am hoping that I don't have to beg here for more money to get it the way I want it. :D

For everyone else -

I went to honda yesterday and they were very professional and apologetic in regrads to the screw driver marks. They put the part on order and will call me when it is in. I still am inplressed with their level of service, I really never expected it.

Dano
Nighthawk Black DX 4WD
(Rims and a kick-butt stereo coming soon!!!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts