Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought this....quite neat..... a low cost alternative than buying and plugging in an entire MP3 player.... the one she has also has an aux output instead of using radio frequency

I am trying it on facehapy....and will later introduce it to hapyface.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what i like about it is that you can plug in an SD card or USB Key..... and it has remote and fits perfectly with the E's 12v lighter / aux input.... and it has a display that is illuminated (but dont read the song name when driving)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, post up pics!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Going through the AUX port I can deal with but anything requiring a FM modulation is a pain in the butt because you have to keep switching channels!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this has both options....AUX IN/OUT and FM Modulator....... i believe its set to FM 88.7 and its programmable.... which is seldom used cause i find it more clear to listen via AUX line

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/VR3-MP3-PLAYER-MODULATOR-TRANSMITTER/dp/B000FCI7KS

It looks like Amazon has 3 different models. I do not own one but I may soon.

As if I need more gadgets.:D
I have been really impressed in using my Zune and cell phone through the aux input on my E.

The links on Amazon show similar players to the one shown by OP but I did not note output capability...just input allowing only output via FM modulation, which I have never had good results with. Did I miss something on these?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
the one i have has two options...either AUX OUT or FM Modulator..... So far the FM Modulator has been working fine for me too except when under streetcar wires or power lines

i love MP3 players dont get me wrong....but several issues.... 1 i am carrying too many devices (GPS, Cell, MP3) and 2...when i shopped for an mp3 player its generally controlled by a playlist software that is restrcitive on multiple computers and multiple units

i understand itunes has changed.....but i am still skeptical

·
Registered
1 Posts
itunes hasn't changed for the better. sharepod is good.

but I've been looking for something like this for a while. Ipods and I have horrid histories, I'm an abusive owner, they all die too soon. This looks perfect. It can read USB or SD??? Just direct MP3's with no software???? I think I love you man...! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts