Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had O2 sensors fail after using the recommended 1/3 can of sea foam in the fuel? I have a Dodge Ram 5.7 that had all 4 02 sensors fail ($$$$) just shortly after doing the same. I didn't put it together till today when my element did the exact same thing. Co-incidence? I’m somewhat suspicious. The truck had 86, 000km and the element 186,000km. They all failed at the 200km mark. Weird. :|

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I've used anywhere from 1/4 to a whole can in the tank of several (more than 20!) different vehicles with no problems at all.

I've put 1/4 to 1/2 a can in the E tank at least 2X a year, sometimes 3 or 4. I've had my E since new and it's got around 110k miles on it now.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sea Foam

Where does one purchase this magic "sea foam" stuff.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
One can purchase SeaFoam at pretty much any auto parts store, like AutoZone or O'Reilly's.

As for me, I've used it in three different vehicles in various applications. I used it in the manual transmission of my 1998 Mercury Mystique. I've used a full can of it in the oil of the Mystique, my old Astro Van, and the Element, and I've used a full can of it in the fuel systems of the three aforementioned vehicles, as well. I've had nothing but positive results.

It is possible that adding the SeaFoam did something, whether that was by dislodging some gunk that then messed up the O2 sensors or whatever I don't know.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Walmart has it here. I put some in a boat motor gas tank once and the next time I used the boat, the carbs were all screwed up and I had to have them rebuilt. I guess it loosened up some crap that was in the carbs

·
Registered
536 Posts
Fuel System Cleaner

Try this thread. I like this stuff better than the Sea Foam. I have used both, this just works better than the Sea Foam for me.

Dom

Thanks for the info on the fuel system additive. I never heard of the fuel seperation before. I will keep that in mind this spring and thoughout the year for my lawn and garden equipment.

Jack

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just wondering if anyone else has had O2 sensors fail after using the recommended 1/3 can of sea foam in the fuel? I have a Dodge Ram 5.7 that had all 4 02 sensors fail ($$$$) just shortly after doing the same. I didn't put it together till today when my element did the exact same thing. Co-incidence? I’m somewhat suspicious. The truck had 86, 000km and the element 186,000km. They all failed at the 200km mark. Weird. :|

Well it's possible the Sea Foam "may" have something to do with it. But I would actually look at the actual mileage of both vechiles have. O2 sensors are consumable parts on all cars and trucks and are meant to last for a certain span of time. Both of your trucks have slightly higher miles on them both and thats something to keep in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts