Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm what might be considered a huge man, and although I am pleased with the roominess of my 2007 Element SC, I can't wear the seat belt comfortably. Anyone else out there have this problem? Honda is one of the few companies who do not offer any kind of extensions for their safety belt system. Has anyone found a resolution to this problem? today, I am going to make it my mission to find something that will fix this problem (as long as it dosen't involve dieting or working out).

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
seatbelts

What's up everyone i just bought a 2008 element and the seatbelts are to small for me i am a big guy. Just wondering if anybody knows where i can get seatbelt extenders would greatly apprerciate it. Thanks everybody

·
Registered
5 Posts
seat belt extender

You can get one from the company who made your belts but you have to but it from Nissan pn# 86848-cd000 38.52 canadian each

·
Registered
10 Posts
Driver's side seat belt extension installation

Hello!

I test drove a friend's Element and ended up getting my own! The big difference was that his had traditional seat belts but mine (2007 model) has the seat belts built into the seat. Imagine my surprise when I got home from my purchase and found that the seat belts for the models with the belts built into the seats are significantly shorter than the ones with the traditional seat belt setup.

I'd like to install a seat belt extender but the anchor for the seat belt is under the side plastic of the driver's seat. How in the heck do I get past the seat reclining lever and the seat height adjustment without busting up this plastic?

Also, is there another way to go about doing this? Are there other seat belt extenders out there that'll work for the Element and not make me have to pull the seat apart?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would not try to mess with the stock mounting of seatbelts for a number of reasons liability and engineering being the two most important ones.

That said I will pass along some information to you that I came across on the internet a few years ago. Nissan sells a seatbelt extension that fits at least some Honda belts. The same company(s) that make seatbelts for Honda do so for many other auto manufacturers as well thus the extension fits. I do not know that it works on all of them and for obvious reasons can't recommend that you use it but thought you might like to know.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The free extenders that a Chevy dealer gives out will work fine. A friend had some for their Trailblazer and I tested them. Identical hardware. They are about 10" long.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts