Honda Element Owners Club banner

301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
dammitjim, I have a different model of the same little Bissell machine.

Bradleyj00, try Folex...some of the best cleaner I've ever used on car upholstery. I used it on oil and water stains on my E headliner.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had stains on all the seats of the '07 LX I just bought - all generated from liquids of unknown origins. I used my ShopVac to pull off whatever dust there was...then mixed a fairly strong solution of Murphy's Oil Soap/hot water, scrubbing it into the seats with a small scrub brush. I didn't need to soak the upholstery, just enough solution to keep it wet and workable. Surprising, how dirty the solution became. I then used the ShopVac to suck the grunge up. Should I have followed with a clean water rinse? I dunno. But after allowing the seats to dry - I was pretty happy. No more stains.

·
Registered
428 Posts
2009 EX come with FXC fabric front and back. The best way is to clean it asap after spill with water, or water+mild-soap and rinse with water. I spill caramel coffee with sugar several times in my car, and water and mild soap then rinse with water always clean the stain, when I clean them asap on same day. And leave a carbon shoe box air fresher will absorb the smell in 1-2 days.

From the thread below, it indicates "the presence of residue from cleaners and detergents may reduce the effectiveness of the FXC repellency. Any time a mild detergent or solvent is used, it must be completely removed by rinsing
thoroughly so that the FXC functions may work."

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13953

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've had good luck on the older seats by taking a mix of decent laundry detergent + hot water, scrubbing it in with a towel, and sucking it out with a wet vac or Bissell. The Bissell is nice because there is a clear plastic window on the vac tool and you can see when it stops sucking out brown funk.

I actually just used some Blue Magic Auto Upholstery Cleaner and Bissell SpotClean Pro to get out every. single. stain I've had in the seats and could not seem to get out. Especially one in the passenger seat from a soda spill years ago.

I didn't even use solution in the Bissell, just fresh water. Honestly you could replace the Bissell with a water bottle and ShopVac, but it sure was convenient. Here were my steps:

1. Spray area with the Blue Magic.
2. Tamp and lightly agitate area with an upholstery brush.
3. Use the Bissell jet sprayer to squirt water onto the area.
4. Use Bissell tool to suck up the cleaner and water.
5. Spray area again with only water to rinse, use Bissell tool to suck up the water.

Seats and headrests are new as can be now. Next step is to Scotchgard. I'm worried about getting that everywhere so I think it may be best to spray onto a towel and then rub onto the seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used a little Murphy oil and water on mine. Cleaned up better than using spot remover or small bissell cleaner.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I used a little Murphy oil and water on mine. Cleaned up better than using spot remover or small bissell cleaner.
Respectfully, and I'm not trying to make trouble, but have you used spot remover and/or the Bissell Cleaner to back up the statement that it works better?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Respectfully, and I'm not trying to make trouble, but have you used spot remover and/or the Bissell Cleaner to back up the statement that it works better?
I'm not a young guy and have learned over the years not to state stuff that isn't true or mislead anyone. Maybe I should have stated that the Murphy oil worked better in my case than the spot remover/bissell that I tried. YES, I do have and tried other cleaning agents.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I actually only used the Bissell to wet the fabric and remove the soap and rinse water. The cleaning was the result of a fabric brush and the Blue Magic. The Bissell just made rinsing and water removal MUCH easier.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cleaning Stains II

I don't know why the other thread was closed but here's a receipe for cleaning up stains on fabric. Someone spilled red wine on my wife's white linen jacket and it took it out.
The ultimate stain remover that actually works on a seriously set in stain! Never buy oxyclean again! The mixture is: 1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing detergent 3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide couple tablespoons of baking soda. Scrub on with a scrubbing brush

se

·
Registered
247 Posts
coffee stains

what do I use to clean the seats with? I spilled coffee on the front seat and it left a stain.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got my 2nd Element earlier this summer, a 2007 with the light gray seats. It had a couple of dark stains on the driver's seat and the right rear seat that scared me to look at. I was very pleasantly surprised that Meguiar's upholstery cleaner did a really amazing job of removing the stains. So much that I could hardly tell where they were after. The back seat was folded up in the stained picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oops, I got a small stain on my seat fabric and need reccomendations on how to remove or fade it. I belive it is a grease type stain. I installed my keyless entry and had a little grease on my hand from a steering wheel part down there and.... well you can guess the rest.

I want advice on good products to try before I go making it worse.

Thanks

Pete
Tuff Stuff! Automotive section at Walmart, or parts stores. Comes in a tall, yellow, black and red can.
An idiot friend used a slim jim to unlock the doors of my mom's Oldsmobile, rendering both doors inoperable. Picture light grey velour type interior. I took the car to have the doors put back together, and was standing, talking to the mechanic, when I noticed his hands were filthy, and he was smearing black grease on her "luxury" interior. I probably freaked a little. The guy said, "I've got something that'll clean it." He wasn't convincing or concerned. He sprayed this foam on the door panel, and wiped it right off, with a clean, dry towel! I've been using it since the 90's.

There's a mulberry tree outside my apartment door, that grows out, over the sidewalk, and unfortunately, it's not a fruitless one. Mulberries stick to shoes, contain seeds, and when they're ripe, the juice is purple. Every year I have purple spots on the carpet. Tough Stuff, and no one's the wiser.

➡ A 22 oz can is under $5! ⬅

301 - 316 of 316 Posts